1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Classical Music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kimi, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimi

How many of you like classical musics?
    I really enjoy listening to pianos and orchestras!!
    I wanna learn how to play piano someday...Gosh I wish I could play piano:eusa_doh:
    Needless to say person who can play piano is dead for:icon_wink

Anyways, if you don't really like classical music here is very good one:
    http://www.the5browns.com/
    The 5 browns...They are great:thumbsup:
    And it's not really old it's really new but still it has classical flavors!!
    So I think everyone can enjoy their music:icon_bigg

Hope you like it:icon_wink

2. nisomer

yeah! i actually play classical guitar. and yeah 5 pianos at the same time is pretty sweet.

3. CM1989

I find classical music very relaxing, I listen to it when studying, going to sleep, etc...

4. ampthejazz

I play classical piano. Recently, I've played works by Brahms, Bach, Kabalevsky, and Rachmaninoff.

I absolutely love listening to classical music when I'm in the right mood. My favorite right now is most definitely Brahms. (Did you know that there's a theory that Brahms may have been gay? It is completely unfounded and most likely untrue, but my piano teacher was talking to me about it at my last lesson. Interesting - I don't even think she knows I'm gay. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

5. Kimi

Wow!! I didn't think this much of people likes classicals!!
    It's so cool to know you guys enjoy it too(!)
    I usually listen to it when I want to relax, and calm down too...But when I have some time I like to play a record and listen...somehow we have record player in our house:icon_redf
    My favorite is Chopin all the time...(I know it's big name but I love his work)

Brahms is gay!? I'm sure I've never heard that before...but you know what my art history teacher told me that historically giants tended to be gay...He thinks there should be more gay famous people(he said some historians hiding the truth because they think gay is wrong) anyway, what I mean is that there are great musician and artists who is gay(!)

Oh, ampthejazz...that's really hot that you can play piano!!(Did I sounded kinky?)

6. nisomer

all great musicians and artists are gay :wink:

7. GoodOlMe

I play piano, but only for like a year, and also violin for like 3 years, and now I think I'm gonna learn cello too. I used to love classical, one of my favorites was Beethoven's 5th Symphony. I am not really a big fan of classical anymore, I still appreciate, its a shame people can appreciate classical music anymore. But I do love good ol' rap, its good to thump with :slight_smile:

8. ampthejazz

Haha thaaaaanks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I honestly think that the theory of Brahms being gay is false, but I'm hoping. So don't go around being like "BRAHMS WAS GAY" because I'm guessing it's not true.

There's a Vladimir Horowitz quote that I love.
    "There are three kinds of pianists: Jewish pianists, homosexual pianists, and bad pianists."
    I'm both Jewish and gay, so it works out perfectly. :grin:

9. William1

Hey, I like classical music, but I don't often say so coz a lot of my mates think classical music is gay.

I been playing the piano for a long time and I'm doing grade six this year.

I play mostly Chopin, and a little Liszt (but that's harder) and I am practising the Pas de Deux from Tchaikowsky's Sleeping Beauty, for a piano competition. I've nearly got it right but there is a long trill and loads of arpeggios in the finale which is giving me some trouble. :icon_sad:

10. Kimi

I know!!! Some of my friends makes fun of me when I told them I like classical:tantrum:

OMG, Are you serious?? You play Chopin mostly?? That is SO cool:love:
    Do you play Chopin's Chanson De L'adieu or Revolutionary??
    Because these are my favorites :thumbsup: ...I know it's really famous masterpieces isn't it?
    I don't know these are famouse but I like Winter Wind, Fantaisie Impromptu and Walts no.7 too :thumbsup:

11. William1

Yeh, I'm serious. I didn't like that stuff at first, and I wanted to play other easier stuff, but my music teacher won't let me. But now I think its great and I buy mainly classical CDs.

But I can't play everything by Chopin well. The Fantasie Impromptu I can play OK, but I'm sick of it coz it was one of my early exam pieces, but I don't know his Chanson De L'adieu.

I can play the Revolutionary and the Winter Wind etudes, but not that well. There's lots of difficult fingering and both are so fast I sometimes hit the wrong key.

The Chopin I can play well enough to please my teacher is -

The Polonaise Opus 53 in A flat major
    The Larghetto from the 2nd Piano Concerto in F
    The Andante Spaniato in E
    The Nocturne No.8 in D flat major
    The Barcarolle for Piano in F sharp major
    The Variations on Mozart's La ci darem la mano Opus 2
    The Etude Opus 25 No.1
    The Etude in E major Opus 10 No.3
    The Mazurka 'Meine Freuden'
    The Regentroppen Prelude
    The Fantasie Impromptu in C sharp major Opus 66

I play lots of other Chopin, but not that great. :icon_wink

12. Jim1454

I also like classical music. I studied piano for several years - completed my grade 8. At the time I was mid way through high school and just couldn't find the time to keep it up. It was also obvious that I wasn't a natural, so I gave it up.

I've always maintained my appreciation for for good music, and love going to the Toronto Symphony or seeing the Canadian Opera Company.

Thanks for providing the link to 'The 5 Browns' site - I'm listening to their samples right now and it is really good.

13. Kimi

I'm glad that some of you guys liked the artist I told at here!

Wow. There are so much more people who can play piano than I thought there might!!
    Maybe I'll get lesson when I got some more free times and money:eusa_doh:

I also interested in saxophone.
    Does anyone could play??

14. ampthejazz

Willie, that list is awesome. The etude in E Major (Op. 10 no.3) is one of my favorite pieces. My teacher played part of it for me and I almost started crying.

15. William1

Hey thanks, the E major etude was one of the first pieces I learned, and its actually easier than a lot of the others. Like it's quite short and doesn't have too many trills or cross-overs. You should try it. :icon_bigg

My gran told me it was made into a popular song way back when she was a little girl (and she's like 55 :dry:slight_smile:.

16. ampthejazz

Awesome man. I started to learn it, though I started with the hardest part - my teacher made me do it that way because then everything would be easier from there. But I never really followed through with it, and got caught up in playing a Bach piece.

And wow, I just read in a post in the "chat" section that you're only 13? And you can play all those awesome Chopin pieces? Wow man. Imagine what you'll be able to play when you're my age (17). Hahaha

17. William1

Thanks again, but I been learning since I was nearly six, so like it's not that much I can play in all that time. I'm quite lazy, and my music teacher is always mad at me for not practising enough.

I don't know much Bach except Jesu Joy and the Air in G, so I dunno if it is easier than Chopin. I know Liszt is harder than Chopin - like the page is black with notes, and my hands are not big enough.

I also like Mozart, but I can't play much of his stuff. How about you? :smilewave

18. ampthejazz

I've been playing since I was 7, but I've really only been serious about it for the past two years or so. It's a shame that my old teachers didn't get me into good habits - I had to spend a lot of time correcting my hand position and stuff, and I still suck at sight reading. I'm more of an aural player - I can learn a piece much more quickly once I can really get it into my ears.

In the past few years, I've played a little Rachmaninoff, Bach, Kabalevsky, Brahms, and Seymour Bernstein*. I've started stuff by Chopin and Debussy, but always got caught up in other stuff and never finished them.

*I'm playing in a competition at the end of the month, the Pine Tree State competition. Seymour Bernstein will be one of the judges, and I'm playing one of his pieces in my set.

19. William1

Hey, sounds like you're much more advanced than me (I'm jealous, coz you're better looking too, LOL!) playing Rachmaninov and stuff like that. I have tried playing the last movement from Rachmaninov's 3rd Piano Concerto, but I'm not very good at it.

I never heard of Seymour Bernstein, and I haven't tried playing any Brahms except his Lullaby and Guadeamus Igitur, and I haven't played any Kabalevsky.

I'm like you at sight reading, I only just get by. But like I said, I'm lazy. It's the same with my other school work. Most of my teachers think I'm smart and they say I could do anything I wanted to, but I'm too easily distracted. I guess they are right about the distracted bit. :lol:

20. SparkleSpike

SparkleSpike Guest

One thing that I like about classical music is that they sound really sweet. The rythm can get into your head, and stay there forever. Comparing to modern music, classical sounds really interesting, and friendly(but I like both anyway):icon_bigg

And I play piano, too, like more than one year. I love to listen to Bach, but have'nt tried out his music. Moonlight Sonata is one of my favorite.:thumbsup:

My favorite pianist is Richard Clayderman, from France, none of my friends in here know him, his music is romantic and sweetest, with classical styles. He also plays Bach's music :eusa_clap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.