1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acoustic Music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lawRAWR, Apr 11, 2014.

1. lawRAWR

My music taste is a bit... jumbled. I can listen to nu- metal (slipknot etc.) then can jump to acoustic and folk music, to pop, to blues.

My favourite acoustic artists are:

Ed Sheeran (HE HAS NEW MUSIC OUT SOON (!) )

Damien Rice - My personal favourite at the moment, his music is so relaxing and insightful. A heavy influence upon Ed Sheeran.

Simon and Garfunkel- More folk than general 'acoustic', but a favourite duo of mine. Paul Simon's guitar playing is beautiful.

Eva Cassidy- An underrated gem who is no longer with us. One of the best voices of our time.

Ben Howard- Magical :icon_bigg

I just cannot get myself to like John Mayer's music, however, so I've given up on that :lol: Who are your favourite acoustic artists?

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I've exactly the same taste in music.:grin:
    I love:
    Missy Higgins - all songs of her are fantastic!!!!
    Tegan and Sara - are they actually acoustic?
    Eagle Eye Cherry - Save tonight (the other songs are boring)

These are my favs:slight_smile:

3. AAASAS

Acoustic really isn't a genre, it doesn't follow certain scales, time signatures, and progression real genres of music do.

Acoustic just means; no electric instruments. So basically all music prior to the 1920's or whatever was acoustic, and that covered many genres.

I like music that is Acoustic, but I really don't consider it a genre, when it only implies non-electrical instruments. Classical music is acoustic, jazz music is acoustic, rock can be acoustic, country can be acoustic, even hip-hop can be acoustic. The only things that can't be are techno,electric,dubstep, house...etc. Things that require DAWs, Midis, and other electronic means of creating music.

One of my favourite acoustic album's is Slightly Stoopid's Acoustic Roots, which is reggae inspired acoustics; I think most people who consider acoustic's to be a genre wouldn't consider it to be acoustic's even though it is.

[youtube]ZD_xaSAFFO0[/youtube]

#3 AAASAS, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  4. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

5. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Ooooh, I forgot Amy MacDonald:grin:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hayley Williams, when you strip away the post-production effects and weird crap, has one of the best voices I've heard. There was an acoustic version of Stay The Night floating around, and honestly, I didn't even know who she was until that point. I found out she was the hot redhead from Paramore that I didn't give a quarter damn about until I heard her un-edited.

Now I just wish every day that she'd strike out on her own and take her talent to new heights. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    -Eddie Vedder. His songs on the Into the Wild Soundtrack are beautiful. His voice carries over well from alt rock to folk.
    -Nick Drake. Folkish songs with beautiful lyrics.
    -Fionn Reagn. Personal fav. His most recent album is as bare bones as it gets.

8. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Probably most of you won't know them, but my favorite acoustic singers are:

Tito Fernández, Chilean folkloric singer. He sings of the chilean countryside in the XX century and the pains of Mapuche native peoples.

Víctor Jara, Chilean singer-songwriter. He was a political and social singer tortured and killed by Dictator Pinochet in 1973.

Víctor Heredia, Argentinian songer-songwriter. Also a social singer with beautiful songs with precious lyrics.

9. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]Qd4q0Xx-u1Y[/YOUTUBE]

here's an acoustic song, mixed with electric guitars but mainly guitars, no vocals at all

[YOUTUBE]odtkcAngT9M[/YOUTUBE]

here's another one

they're just one, but i like acoustics a lot

10. lawRAWR

I love Hayley Williams so much. Paramore are amazing, you should listen to them :icon_bigg Their acoustic version of 'ignorance' is stripped- down and she sounds so good.

11. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mariee Sioux is one of my favorite acoustic artists. She has a nice voice and her music is relaxing.

12. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

Allison Weiss has a series of live acoustic YouTube videos that are utterly gorgeous. Much like her. I also enjoy early Passenger (Wide Eyes Blind Love era) and Cameron Mitchell.