1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brazil World Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CharlieChalk, Apr 14, 2014.

1. CharlieChalk

So, it's approximately 58 days and 5 hours (if I can do maths!) until the Fifa 2014 Brazil World Cup.

If you had to put money on the winners and the stand out player tournament etc, who ya going for? :slight_smile:

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'd like to say England (being that I'm English) and go with my heart but if I'm going with my head maybe Brazil or Germany.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to say Belgium because it's about time they won the world cup.

4. CharlieChalk

As a fellow Englishperson I would like to say England, but I just can't bring myself to do it haha.

As individuals, the Belgian team is great. However when they play together, at least for me, something is lacking. And they only have one striker in Lukaku as Benteke is out with injury.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok if you can't bring yourself to say England who in the England team do you think will do well?

6. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to be honest, I don't know anything about Belgium or football! The joke is less funny if the punchline actually has merit xD

7. Yosia

England!! <3

8. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like being wrong, so I'll just say Not England.

9. Yosia

Have faaiiith!! We have Lallana, him alone will win world cup!! XD

10. Lukas17

Most probably Spain, they are the best, but it's unlikely to expect that they will win so many titles in a row

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Brazil must be clear favourites since its in Brazil and with the players they have. I dont think England will do too bad but they wont win it. Spain are past it now.

Im hoping for a Brazil v Argentina final and then Brazil to win.

12. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think Brazil will win by fair means or foul. The huge amount of money spent by the government in the World Cup has been cause of many protests in Brazil, so they simply can't afford not to win, because brazilian people would consider anything else a failure. They are a great team too, so perhaps they won't need too much "help".

Apart from Brazil, I think this will be a great World Cup for Italy and the greatest failures will be Germany and Spain.

Chile and Holland will leave Spain out on group stage, I only hope we won't play against Brazil in the round of 16, because they always win :frowning2:

Oh, and the star of the world cup will be Neymar.

13. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've got it Brazil > Germany > Spain

Although the prospect of Brazil vs Germany and/or Spain has me doing the Dat Ass meme all the time.

14. Diego89

I think both Spain and Germany will make it to semis again, but I'ld go for Germany this time.

Brazil will make it to semis or even the final but won't be champion.

Don't overlook Uruguay!

Those are my predictions. :slight_smile:

15. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In fact the team which many brazilians are afraid of is Uruguay, because of the epic Maracanazo, when Uruguay won the world cup final against Brazil in their own home in 1950.

16. Gallatin

I don't actually think England will do too badly, provided Hogdson doesn't screw up too much. I don't know the last time expectations were so low for an England team heading into the World Cup, and they should really use that to their advantage. Hopefully Hodgson picks guys who are in-form like Lallana and Sterling to start, as I think they could provide a nice creative spark to complement the passing and control of Gerrard in the center of midfield and the goal threat of Sturridge. I'd also like to see Luke Shaw make it into the squad as he's had a great season and I love his intensity and willingness to make attacking runs.

I'm not sure of who'll lift the trophy. Brazil have the talent, but I question whether they've got the mental wherewithal to withstand all the pressure they'll be under. I like Uruguay's chances if Suarez can replicate his Liverpool form and Cavani breaks out of his funk. I agree with Mightyfox, I think Spain are past it. I don't see them winning again. It pains me to say it but Germany (as usual) will probably go far.

17. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Spain or Brazil

If England win I'll change my name to surpriseddavid

18. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even despite being in America and my taking advanced engineering mathematical methods during this Summer, my love of sports will require me to at least casually watch! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My biggest rooting interest will be Mexico. Love all the fans I've met in America. I'd also root for a Scandinavian team if there were any playing - perhaps I can throw in the beautiful country of Switzerland in place of them.

I'm truly ambivalent when it comes to rooting for the US. Not a patriot here.

I also generally root against (and I know I'll get major hate for this first one) England and Germany. *prepares to get pelted by rotten tomatoes*

19. CharlieChalk

Poor England, we need all the sporting love we can get! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I'd be up for this - I could see it being a final with great football. As a Barcelona fan (and bigger admirer of Messi than Neymar) I wouldn't mind an Argentina win. Overall, I'd prefer a win for good football ^_^

I think if Roy picks a team based on skill, talent and passion instead of big money names, we'd be in with a much better shout. But I agree, expectations are so low that if England went in and just played some stylish football I would almost be happier to see that with the young'ens than getting further in the tournament with scrappy 1-0s and older players.

20. Amerigo

p
    o
    r
    t
    u
    g
    a
    l