1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scream 4! Yes, a Cult Classic is coming back with a 4th film!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chamber of Life, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Chamber of Life

Well, I have some news for all you horror movies/Scream Trilogy fans. Scream is coming out with another film in 2010 (around Halloween) The company Weinsteins has put Scream 4 under their belt. The ideas are up in the air and scripts are still being looked at. The idea is still in it's early stages. I know people have a lot of question.

1. Will they return to Woodsboro
    2. Will Neve, Courtney, and David comeback?
    3. Will they ruin the trilogy?
    4. Will the 4th one be good?
    5. And why is Randy coming back???? (HE DIED IN THE SECOND FILM!)

Kevin Williamson (writer of the first three films) Wants to return, he's just waiting for Neve to come around. He states that it wouldn’t be a Scream film with out her. Neve hasn’t said no, but she hasn’t said yes ,neither. It looks like Wes Craven will not be returning to the new installment of the Scream Trilogy. (never say never)

My thoughts:
    Well I think the 4th installment can either make or break this franchise. This 4th film has to be better than all 3 of the originals or close to it. Can they do it? I don’t know... I'm not saying they shouldn’t do it, but if they do it cant be shitty. I do want Neve, Courtney and David to return. They helped make scream a cult classic and they are the original three characters that have lived through all three films. ALSO !!! They need to return to Woodsboro, that’s where it all started. I grew up on these films, and now them word for word. This movie is the movie that encouraged me to become a writer. Scream 4HAS GOOD!

Right now this movie idea is iffy and I hope it works out b/c I’m excited for it. Scream has always gave me this classic 70's/80's horror feel to it and I want to keep it that way. I just hope this wont ruin this cult classic. I just wish more films like Scream can surface to the theaters. All these supernatural flicks are getting stupid.

For more info.... go to Google :lol:

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?????

2. Steam Giant

I don't know what to think about this. The Scream trilogy was great, it parodied the horror genre while still remaining a horror movie in its own right. But a 4th? What about the whole trilogy thing? If they're going to be making a 4th, I guess we can hope the format will parody horror anthologies...but either way, this is just yet another example of Hollywood refusing to let good franchises die, and has a very good chance of muddying the brand with a "what can we make money on this month" sequel.

3. InaRut

I thought that this thread was going to be about Evil Dead.
    Which is 10x more sexy then the scream movies.

Which are totally lame.
    but are REALLY funny.

4. Chamber of Life

Honey,where in the title does it say 'Evil Dead' anywhere. WHich I love the first one. The others sucked ass. But I love the scream franchises. I hope your not getting it mixed up with Scary movie b/c alot of ppl do. :icon_bigg

5. Jebs

Ok... Sorry but the triliogy is horrible. The only good Scream movie was the first. Second got a tad lame... and the third? No thanks. I LOVED SCREAM, so don't get me wrong. In fact it is probably one of my favorite horror films (up there with Halloween..). It was totally unpredictable and fresh. I think they rushed a script and tried too many twists in the other two. Just keep it simple. I will definately see Scream 4.. but I don't think it will be anywhere as good as the first, but hey.. I might be wrong. The Dark Knight kicked the shit out of the original Batman so there is hope.

6. davo-man

Totally agree with basically everything you said. I thought the first Scream was hilarious, adn great at satiring horror/slasher movies, whilst still having some rather tense moments (And, really, what other movie has the killer tripping over? GOLD!)

The second and third became parodies of the first one, pretty much, and instead of poking fun at other horror classics, it poked fun at itself, which is so less classy.

Anyway, I probably wouldn't see Scream 4, if it eventually came out (which I don't think it will, personally...I just can't see them rebooting it like they did Batman...I mean, with Batman, it was like they completely ignored the previous 4/5 movies (depending if you include the Adam West movie) and started again. That would be impossible in this case, in my opinion). I might see it on DVD

Then again, no horror movie....nay, no movie ever released can beat Freddy Vs Jason for sheer stupidity and ability to dump on not one, but two franchises! Eurgh, I hate that movie with a passion!

7. Chamber of Life

Hey, buddy, you're getting your movies mixed up. You're thinking of Scary Movie NOT Scream Scary movie is the one that made fun of Scream.

8. InaRut

You think a movie fanatic like me who is going 6 hours away to get a bachelor of arts in film studies doesn't know how to depict between scary movie and scream? C'mon now. What kinda walrus do you take me for?

Scary Movie is fun for it's own reasons. And I guess I didn't see the "Scream 4" When I first saw the title.

9. Chamber of Life

Sorry about that.:icon_bigg I'm actually going to school for film studies also. (!) We have something in common! And you are a GREAT WALRUS!!:icon_wink

10. Noooooo! It will ruin the trilogy!! Leave it as it is!!! Leave classic films alone!

Bad idea! Boooo!:eusa_naug:eusa_doh::bang::tears:

11. matt3208pc

I wouldn't mind seeing another Scream movie, but what previous posters have said is right, it will either make or break the franchise.
    The Screa trilogy is a great franchise, I think they should think about leaving it as it is, rather than taking a chance at ruining it.

12. davo-man

No, I'm not. I'm thinking of Scream.

What I meant by "poking fun at other horror classics" was moments such as when the janitor is dressed in similar clothes to Freddy Krueger, and a character makes a comment about it...or the moment when a character says that only the first Nightmare On Elm Street was any good (the director or both films, Wes Craven, had always felt that the first Nightmare should have been a stand alone film, without sequels, and the producers forced him to direct two more sequels, before he left the franchise)....As well as "The Rules", which totally take off all the expected stuff in horror classics.

13. Kimi

Thank you!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

14. blpate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love scream 1. The sequels don't compare to the first but I still love the franchise. Four has to go back woodsboro with the original characters, otherwise its not worth it.

15. -Michael-

OHHH NOOOOOOOOO

Scream is like the worst film ever.

Then they brough out sequels....why...

It was originally called scary movie...being a black comedy...

but then the producers said that it should be passed a horror.... ;|

16. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Scream 3 was horrible. It made zero sense. Hated it....

17. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

My thoughts are that non of the originals are gonna want to come back and they are going to throw some nobodies in it and it will go straight to dvd just like I Know What You Did Last Summer 3 and it will suck.
    But I could be wrong

18. Chaos

The first one was the best one. The second one was all right and the third was, well, um, pretty... it sucked.

A fourth one? That is just ridiculous. Now I love horror movies, but only good ones :slight_smile:

I don't see Wes Craven returning. He doesn't like sequels that much. Just look at the Nightmare on Elm Street series. At first it was a stand alone movie. Craven returned for the third installment where he tried to end the series, but it spawned three more installments. Craven again returned for the seventh movie (which completely discredits the first six movies) to attempt ending the series. We all know what happened next. Freddy vs. Jason was made.

Scream 4 is just an attempt to make money.

19. JayC

JayC Guest

I do enjoy the Scream movies. The first is best and the other two are ok but ithink they r more comedy than horror. I mean i didnt get scared in any of them i just thought they were great thrillers. I would love to see a 4th one. But i hope this doesn't become like I Know What You Did Last Summer or the Urban Legend movies where the last sequals can be classifeid as the worst horror movies ever made