1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stephenie Meyer - bestselling author of 'Twilight'

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GlindaRose, Jul 28, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    http://www.stepheniemeyer.co.uk

Has anyone heard of this author? I've read her books and I think she is incredible. She's releasing her latest book, 'Breaking Dawn', the fourth part of a saga about vampires, on the 4th of August and I'm sooo excited!!

2. Emberstone

I have heard of her. i couldnt get past the 2nd book to be honest, didnt complete it. its a misnomer to call it urban fantasy.. it is predominately preteen haliquan.

but sadly, urban fantasy is filled with books by authors who aim low and still really dont hit the mark. mainly annoys me that few urban fantasy writers understand urban fantasy doesnt just have to be about sexual innuendo an tension as the driving force.

3. Mmmike

I loved those books. They're my favourite right now. I got through them all in a short period of time. I thought they were intense and i really enjoyed them. I guess its all in what you like to read.

4. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This, pretty much. Like I said in the other Twilight thread somewhere around here, I really don't like the series at all. I've read a few chapters from the first book and summaries of the others, and it's no different from the thousands of other teen vampire romance novels. I'm getting sick of teen romance books in the first place, but to bring in that laughably bad "dark and edgy" vampire plot point completely ruins any hope I had. I'm not going to waste my time reading three more books in a series I already dislike.

5. biisme

I love those books! It comes out August 2nd here, and I'm going to a midnight party this friday. It's going to be great!!!

6. Arrk

It's being released August 2nd here too.

I read the first 2 books, and like 3 chapters of the 3rd book.
    I haven't really been into reading lately.

But, her books are okay, they're not the BEST in my opinion but they're quite entertaining once you get to the right page. :]

7. MeskElil

BRILLIANT books. I love them. And I'm so excited about Breaking Dawn!

I'm pro-Jacob, to be frank. Wolf Power!
    (Plus, he's sweeter and just a little bit more of a lover and friend and long-term material than Edward. Just my opinion--please don't jump on me for that! *cowers in fear*)
    I'm so excited. She's the best.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^I'm pro-Edward, I think at least he acts nice whereas Jacob is really horrible about the Cullens in front of Isabella. Vampires rule!!

9. Arrk

I'm pro-Alice. LOL. :]

She seems really nice.

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Oh yes. Let's not forget about her. Besides Edward, Alice is soo fascinating. :slight_smile: I really like her too. I'm pro-Edward when it gets down to Edward and Jacob, but out of all the characters I think Alice is my favourite.

11. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stephenie Meyer's books are pretty good. At least Twilight, which is what I'm in right now.

12. Jace

ahh! me tooo!

i'm going with my friend tori , and shes like "you have to dress NICE!!!"

and i'm like "when do i not?"

hahahaha

13. digsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work in a bookshop and I'm so sick of those books, they sell like crazy! I have to admit though, I am curious to see what the fuss is all about and I'll prob read them sooner or later. Not looking forward to working next Monday when Breaking Dawn comes out though!! The whole staff has to wear these little badges...mine says "Team Jacob" with a little wolf's paw.

14. That's super cute! haha.

I loved Twilight, and I can seriously recommend it to anyone willing to give it the time of day! The series is good and even though New Moon was slowish, it definitely had gone uphill near the end. I am glad to be able to obtain the book before I leave for a whole week for choir camp!

15. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw I want a badge with Team Edward written on it...

16. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

breaking dawn coming out on SAT!!!
    Midnight release on fri !! for me!!! whoot!! whoot!!

17. MusicIsLife

Team Jacob ftw!!!!

I work at a bookstore and im working for the release party, im stoked :grin:

18. Emberstone

If you want a really good quality fantasy with elements of urban fantasy, "the alchemyst" by Michael Scott is really good. I have a hard time getting into meyer's writing, mainly because it rarely seems to go through much editing. she got the idea for the books, and within according to her apperently, 5 months she had one written, and sadly it shows majorly.

I heard that if you want a great vamperic teen romance novel, it was something called "cirque du freaks" or something like that. I havent read it yet, but i had alot of people recommend it to me over twilight.

i doubt I will read it, all vampire teen novels seem to come off as nothing more then shabby ripoffs of buffy/angel.

Also, stay far away from any book by Cassandra Claire, a friend loaned me two of her books, and they loaned them only so we can laugh at how purple everything she wrote was. it was awful. meyers was better then claire, but thats not saying much sadly.