1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lana Del Rey's New Single!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WillowMaiden, Apr 21, 2014.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

:eek: "West Coast" is everything! (!) I just discovered this song on Spotify this morning and I can't stop listening. I know I'm like a week late on its release, but whatever. I know about it now and I'm dying over Lana's awesome. Like all of her songs, "West Coast" for me is immediately addictive and soothing and haunting and beautiful and romantic, just gaahh! I love her voice, I love the way she sings, this song reminds me so much of a lot of her brilliant unreleased songs floating around on Youtube right now.

Lana fans, have you heard it yet? How do you feel? Are you alive? :lol:
    Man, I have been having such a shitty few week and this just brightened my life. I'm so happy right now. I even watched her perform it live on Youtube, Cochella was one of them. I read that she killed there and I see why just from the little I did see online. I love Lana Del Rey so much and I love seeing her do well and I'm so happy she's still making music--eekk! I just can't. Lana Del Rey does it again. I'm gagged. :dead:

Also, what are your favorite unreleased songs? Mine are "Tired of Singing the Blues," "Serial Killer," "Black Beauty," and "Angels Forever." :slight_smile:

[YOUTUBE]o3SqUUoJjW8[/YOUTUBE]

2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Haven't listened to it yet, but definitely will soon! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. LiquidSwords

I quite like it, and I am still excited for her next album, but it doesn't grab me as much as the stuff on Born To Die did and the same goes for the other stuff I've heard recently; the unreleased stuff you mentioned which I believe will be on the next album.

Not sure how to explain why, it just doesn't feel as catchy or 'poppy' you know.

4. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I get that. Her unreleased stuff kinda moves down the music spectrum into a soft 60s blues rock kinda realm. "Velvet Crowbar" is another unreleased song I love that fits that description well.

:lol: I don't even know if that's a proper genre, but that's the only way I know how to describe it. haha I don't know how to explain it either, but I understand what you're saying. Born To Die and Paradise are definitely different from her unreleased stuff. Almost like two different styles of the same kind of songs. I love both styles, the soft 60s blues rock a little more.

5. love her music! this one is also a fav.

6. Xjey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I like West Coast, but to me it's not better than Born To Die/Ride/Young & Beautiful