1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Law and Order SVU

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonythegamer, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Who else loves this show?! If you don't know what this show is about, it's a crime-drama that focuses mainly on sex crime, but sometimes the detectives tackle homicides. This show has lasted 15 SEASONS! How amazing is that?!

One reason why I like it is because it makes sense. The detectives flow through the case without rushing it. I like some of their plot twists like when ADAs commit an illegal act or when they discover something quite peculiar. Also, half of their episode endings are mainly cliffhangers like when a witness commits a crime as a result from the case and it ends right there. It gets me pissed off a little, but at the same time, it keeps me fascinated.

Secondly, they often cover LGBT topics. They often cover gay rights, but not so much for transgender rights. I remember this one trans girl who killed someone by accident to keep her secret from leaking out. She ended up getting sent to a male prison because she was pre-op and like many SVU episodes, this ended in a cliffhanger when at the very end, the detectives got a call from the hospital saying that she was brutally gang-raped.

#1 anthonythegamer, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  2. Foxface

was great until Stabler left

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do. The current writers do a good job with dramatics, but it's nothing at all like what it used to be. I'm a bigger fan of the older seasons, and I have a feeling that year 15 will be the last for SVU. They've retired almost all the original characters, and the only reason it was renewed for a 15th season was because season 14 ended with Benson with a gun to her head.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the show, especially the earlier seasons.

5. Still, 15 seasons; that's amazing.

I really wished they had kept Stabler. He provided the show the support it needed. Not only that, his personality provided a great contrast with Benson's. I miss the first two ADAs, Alex Cabot and Casey Novak.

The cast seems so small now. I remember when it involved way more people.

6. jeweledweevil

Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, I like early Original Series best. I liked Cragen and Munch on SVU, but they're both crossovers from shows I liked much better. (Cragen from Original Series, and Munch from Homicide: Life on the Street). As for characters original to SVU... I hated Stabler, tolerated Benson, and liked Tutuola.