1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

David Lynch

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by kem, Apr 23, 2014.

1. kem

kem

Okay so I've been really starting to get into David Lynch and his work. Haven't started on Twin Peaks but I watched Mulholland Drive yesterday and just finished Inland Empire. I have to work on something but once I'm finished I'll probably watch the Rabbits short film collection too.

Anyone else into Lynch? Or NOT into Lynch? Thoughts?

2. LiquidSwords

I'm about halfway through Twin Peaks series one and it's amazing. Very strange at times but in a good way, couple times I laughed so hard it hurt, I'd link scenes but they're only funny in context I'd say.

Mulholland Drive has been on the watch list for a while, I've heard it's hard to know what's going on the whole time but I'm still excited to see, when I've got the time.

3. kem

kem

Without spoiling it too much, I'd say that you'll realise that the film made sense after it's over. :grin: And acting is top-notch!

4. LiquidSwords

Ha, ok, I'll move it up my to watch list!

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like David Lynch, though I think he hit his high point with Blue Velvet. I've never seen a film of his that has quite the same intensity, though I enjoy his work overall. I'm not a huge fan of American films, and he's certainly an exception.

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Ah, a David Lynch fan! :slight_smile: I had despaired of finding another on this board besides myself. I recommended Twin Peaks to another poster at this site, but he's apparently dragging his behind about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My mentality is always, when you find truly good media, run, don't walk to experience it.

Anyway, my David Lynch fave's are Blue Velvet, Lost Highway and Eraserhead (my heavens, is that a one-of-kind movie, even for Lynch). Honestly not the biggest fan of Mulholland Dr.. I feel like that could have made a totally terrific TV series, but it somehow seems underdeveloped as a feature film. I think Lost Highway managed to actually be successful in a lot of the areas that Mulholland Dr. came up short. (The movies are really quite similar, essentially.)

Seen Inland Empire? That was rather amazing in its own way, yet I have absolutely no desire to see it again. I wish Lynch would return to films (and film, fuck video, lol) in his more Blue Velvet/Fire Walk With Me/Lost Highway vein.

7. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't got around to watching any of his movies yet, but I love Twin Peaks, so I definitely want to watching some of them.