1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faking It

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by twizt, Apr 23, 2014.

1. twizt

So, last night MTV premiered a TV show called Faking It about two female friends that are mistaken as lesbians at a super liberal high school located in Austin, Texas. The two main characters decide to pretend to be lesbians in order to increase their social status/popularity at the school (since it apparently flip flops the stereotypical standards of popularity in high schools).

Has anyone heard about this show? Did anyone watch it? What are your thoughts? Is this making light of the hardships and complexities GSMs contend with on a daily basis (in the U.S. and around the world) by showing lesbianism as trendy? Or is it highlighting how complex sexuality really is, considering one of the main characters "faking it" starts discovering she actually does have "those" type of feelings for her close friend (like it often happens in real life)?

---------- Post added 23rd Apr 2014 at 02:04 PM ----------

After I posted this I realized that this topic has already been brought up in another thread. Sorry! Can someone please delete this? It appears I cannot do it myself.