1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any books feauturing lesbian main characters

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NicoletteChris, Apr 26, 2014.

1. NicoletteChris

Preferably teenage lesbians?

I'm looking for book reccomondations :slight_smile:
    My fav genres are: fantasy, sci fi, historial fiction, and adventure.

2. I haven't read it since I'm not into fantasy or sci-fi or adventure much, but Ash by Malinda Lo has a lesbian romance and is more in the adventure category. I think Huntress is another addition in the same series that also has a lesbian romance. Adaption by the same author (but it's a totally different book) also has a bisexual character and is sci-fi too! Empress of The World by Sara Ryan is not necessarily any of the genres you mentioned, but has a girl falling in love with another girl she met and it's a great read! Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters is another one and a book she is coming out with in June or July called The Lies My Girlfriend Told Me seems pretty interesting!! Ask the Passengers by A.S King is another good one too! Those are the only ones that come to mind at the moment, I hoped I helped a bit!! :slight_smile:

3. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

None are fantasy, sorry but: Annie On My Mind (highly recommend), Girl Walking Backwards, Far From Xanadu, Kissing Kate, Dare Truth Or Promise.

4. Tetra

I once read a great book by Jeanette Winterson, a lesbian writer herself, for a university english course. It's called "Oranges Aren't the Only Fruit". The main character slowly discovers that she's gay, and is shunned for it, as her family/town is very religious. It goes through her feelings about everyone's reactions, and how she deals with it and comes to terms with herself. I definitely recommend it!

5. NicoletteChris

Are there any lgbt books that DONT focus on the struggles associated with being gay :frowning2: I mean I read to get away from my problems not be confronted by them in books sigh

6. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I think it's called Dead Witch Walking. It's basically about a witch and her "friend".
    But it's more centered that they're hunting baaad creatures than on the romantic relationship of them. It's very good written and fun to read:grin:

7. 101DeadRoses

I haven't read one, but I'm writing one. You guys will be the first to know if and when it publishes...