1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Mum got an MP3 Player for her birthday...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by awesomeap88, Aug 1, 2008.

1. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ... and she magically assumes that I can just read the manual and understand everything and just install the software on the computer and leave her to go on her merry way after giving her an extensive lesson in how to use it. Obviously she doesn't realise that never having any experience with MP3 Players in my life means that I have no idea what I am doing. I am not a computer expert and I wish my parents would stop assuming that!!!! :bang: [/RANT]

OK, now that is out of my system, I will get to the topic. I was reading the manual for the MP3 player (it's a Samsung) and some of the system requirements to install Samsung Media Studio include Windows XP SP2 and Windows Media Player 10.0 or higher. Our computer runs on Windows 2000 and we have Windows Media Player 9. My experiences with updating to Media Player 10 on this computer in the past have ended in frustration because I can't upgrade due to running Windows 2000. I haven't tried installing Samsung Media Studio yet because of these compatibility issues.

So, before I try anything stupid, my question is this: do I have to install Samsung Media Studio to put stuff on the MP3 player? Would I be able to install it despite running Windows 2000 and Media Player 9? The manual for the MP3 player is really vague. It doesn't say you don't have to install it but it doesn't say you have to either.

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd look into this route. The manual might refer to running Mass storage class MSC.

What model is the player?