1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RobbIsFlyyy, Aug 2, 2008.

1. RobbIsFlyyy

I saw it last night.
    It was decent. 4 of 5 stars.
    I think it would have been much better had they stuck to 1930's/1940's Egypt. Instead of 1947 China.
    Ya digg?

Opinions?
    :]

2. SwissBoy88

I really want to see that movie. Will have to wait until August 14th though.

I'm actually watching The Mummy I + II on TV right now. I'll miss Rachel Weisz in the III movie

3. RobbIsFlyyy

I know.
    Had she been in the third, I would have given it 5 stars anyway, even though it wasn't set in Egypt.
    :[

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely not as good as the first two -- but better than "The Scorpion King" Lol.

5. Henrike

I didn't like it much. The previous two Mummy films kicked the crap out of it.

6. tazzie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sadface it isnt out here yet i want to see it also :frowning2:

7. Malchik89

It was ok but yeah the previous two were so much better, and what was with replacing Rachael Weiss with that unknown british woman? And why did alex go from an english accent to an american accent since the first movie?

8. Emberstone

I have heard it was a low point for the franchise.

I loved the first two, *hated scorpian king* and I am history buff with a long standing obsession for Qin Shi Huangdi. I heard they ignored the history in its near totality, and mutilated the mausolem, which beats anything they came up with. they have scientifically proven alot of the greater claims from historians of what exists in the actual tomb, and the movie people apperently ignored most all of it.

the first emperor was a tyrant, but he also was a effective leader. I am shocked they would allow the movie studios to film in china when the goal was to abuse the legend of the first emperor, which is important to china, even now in the communist era.

9. Poring

It was a nice change, but yeah, it felt so awkward and wrong, compared to the other movies. I mean, the overall aura of 'The Mummy' wasn't there!

The guy wasn't even a mummy! It was sort of a zombie or something lawl S:

It was okay though... 4/5, I guess :grin:

10. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Somehow I'm not nearly as interested in this one as I was for the others. The trailer runs through ever action movie trailer cliche ever used, from flashing images with a heartbeat, silence and a dark screen while someone gives a one-liner, and a quick joke after the title is shown. I might end up waiting for it to come on FX or something.

11. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I hated it. They changed Rachel Weisz character completely by having another actress play her character. I tried to give the movie a chance but the way she played Evelyn Carnahan was completely different than how Rachael played her.
    The movie completely went in an opposite direction as the previous two.

I feel that they made this movie just for the sake of making another sequel.

*/*****
    1 out of 5 stars​

12. sexyalex

that movie was not even half as intresting as it were when Rachel was in it. I found the 3rd mommy movie boring and to know are making a next one in the setting of Peru....

omg, i won't even bother to go :dry: i gave the movie 3/5...and if u ask me 3/5 is too much. I never liked it at all, i can't wait for Happy potter 6, transformers 2 and X-men 4 to come out :confused: those are movies i am looking forward to.

13. I thought it was boring. It wasn't the same as the first two and they replaced Rachel Weisz a totally irreplacable character.

14. Bryan90

Apparently Rachel Weisz didn't want to play a character that has a 21 year old son... And Alex was supposed to be played by Alex Pettyfer, which would have made the movie a lot better!! But overall, it's just supposed to be an action flick anyway..

Incidentally, Michelle Yeoh is from Malaysia (my home country)!!!