1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nascar

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Caleb2001, May 2, 2014.

1. Caleb2001

I know mostly this is a "Southern Thang" :thumbsup: but I was wondering does anyone else follow Nascar. I love it. Favorite drivers are Carl Edwards, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliot, and Brad Keselowski. I like the short tracks more. We are going to the Talledega race this weekend.
    And one thing I cannot understand is why Danica Patrick is so popular. Other than her looks. Her records stinks and yet they keep her.

2. Best of Both

Best of Both Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I follow Formula 1 racing
    all Nascar does is make left turns lol : )

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off, I will say that the only reason I keep up with NASCAR is because of the sports journalist/analyst side of me. I don't find it that particularly entertaining because I feel other than the first and last lap, it's slow paced.

And I believe Danica Patrick is popular because she is the first female driver to do somewhat decent.

4. I really don't know every driver's names, but I do watch it when I can!! I would also like to try racing once I get over my fear of driving!

Isn't Jimmie Johnson good? And oh my goodness, I love Danica!! But yep, I do have to admit my love for her is not completely based on her racing - I mean, she's really hot... But still, I do hope for her to win something that way I can say my favorite racer is actually really good!

Forgive me if I'm completely immature when it comes to knowing NASCAR stats... It has been a long time since I tuned into it, but I think racing is something I'd try more than watch, but it's relaxing to watch it as well^^

So yep, that's pretty much my thoughts on it!

5. Jethro702

Idk anything about Nascar. lol I might watch it for a minute if I'm flipping through channels. Some of my family watches it, I just don't get the appeal of watching cars drive fast in a oval for hours *except accidents, Sorry if that sounds mean but that is the only excitement I could come up with*. One time my family wanted to go to a race in Atl. I didn't go because of that reason... I didn't think it logical to sit in a car in Atl. traffic to then watch cars drive fast... lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. finlandwrc

Yeah I love nascar but sprint sup is all we get in Britain Elliot Sadler is my favourite driver then Klye Busch. Like I said we don't get much of it in Britain though :frowning2:

7. Caleb2001

Sadler won the Nationwide Race on Saturday. None of my drivers did very well on Sunday. Most of them were caught up in accidents.

Sitting a few feet from the track as 42 cars go roaring by at over 200mph almost touching bumpers and doors, and you can feel the ground shake and the air move is one reason I like it!

Oh:eusa_doh: Denny Hamlin won Sunday!

8. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I follow Formula One as well. Also, if you want an awesome, close, competitive racing series, watch the British Touring Car Championship.