1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT scene in Edinburgh?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JustAKid, May 6, 2014.

1. JustAKid

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    wasn't too sure where to post this but hope this is ok...

I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh for a holiday just wondering what the LGBT scene is like there - what are the clubs like/are there many clubs/anywhere you'd recommend etc??

2. BlackRabbits

Out Status:
    Some people
    So, most of the scene is based in the 'pink triangle', sandwiched between New Town and the top of Leith Walk (just east of waverley station). Basically, the biggest clubs are CC Blooms (reasonably laid back, free entry but cheesy) and GHQ (younger crowd, entry fee), with Planet and Habana the typical pre-drinks destinations. These are the main venues but there are loads of bars, cafes and pubs in the area as well.

I can't really help with recommendations, as I've spent more time on the lash elsewhere in the city, but the venues are so close together you should be able to try most of what's on offer. The area tends to have a nice buzz and it's mainly visited by locals (with tourists, students and people in for stag and hen nights generally staying around old town/princes street). Also, if you're here in June or August there's the Film Festival, Pride and Fringe, so should be lots to do (if you're looking for a quiet break definitely don't come during those months).

#2 BlackRabbits, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. Harve

Just head west.