1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my cd player is going crazy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Amy, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Amy

Amy

i was listening to "a fever you cant sweat out", and my friend calls me. and my cd player started singing all chipmunk-y. and it kept going. same thing happened a few more times, but only when i get a call or walk near the cd player when i have my phone. i tried it on other players, putting in random cds and calling my phone, but it only happens in mine(with any cd).

radio shack, manufactured march 2006, s/n: 060304819, am/fm/cd clock radio

dont know if that means anything to you, im terrible with all elctronics except cameras and phones

HELP! people keep calling me and "one of the boys" just isnt as good when its chipmunk :frowning2:

2. sdc91

Only thing I can think of is signal interference, but that would be weird for a CD player... magnetic interference?

3. Amy

Amy

thats happened to me before. my mom and i were driving by llnv and our cd just started going crazy. i found out that they were doing magnetic testing then, so i dont think its magnetic interference.

...nicht sehr gut...

4. Amy

Amy

it doesnt happen when its in another outlet, oddly enough. there is no other outlt in my room that isnt already full(there are only two).

when the radio is on, there is just the momentary buzzing that happens whenever phones are in use.

i must say, it was rather amusing at first

5. panda

It might be a loose connection in the electrical connections in the wall?

6. Amy

Amy

that might be it. our house is really old, and the other outlet in my room literally blew up 2 years ago.