1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louis C.K. has moved up yet another...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by greatwhale, May 8, 2014.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. LiquidSwords

Well you can't see the context in the link but tbh I'd rather kids were brought up to challenge when things are legitimately unfair, rather than just accept it.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Completely agree about justifiable challenges to serious injustice, no qualms there; but if one insists on life always being fair, as children do, then the proper attitude is to accept that not everything will be fair and move on, or life will be rather miserable...

4. saknetelmoot

saknetelmoot Guest

Hmph...well that's what I was told on how to deal with being gay means you must live a life of celibacy and humbleness, that or marry a woman by my family, society and culture. Know your place if you are gay, you will loose respect.

Stop thinking about yourself...think about others.

I am sure this statement can be used to all the married gay men who chose to divorce their wives when they found out they were gay too. Or choose to change their gender to upset everyone around them.

The statement is sacrifice your foolish ideals..I don't know if it's good or bad, but I come from a country where this ideal makes everyone feels virtuous about living in the most horrible conditions. I personally can't deal with being gay, because of how 'selfish' it is as well.

I still find it hard to pin down wither it is a good or fatalistic view of life.
    Hopefully I'll die before going insane over it.

Edit: I wanted to hold this back, but the fact that a white straight stereotypical male is saying that is really getting under my skin, quiet pretentious.

#4 saknetelmoot, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014