1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, May 8, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So I got my Guitar from Youth Club today and I've spent most of the time trying to tune it, does anyone know how to do so? And how do you know it's right

I know what the chords are, but I have trouble keeping rhythm and moving my fingers across the fretboard quickly, anyone know how to fix this?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only really familiar with bass guitar so just know the first four strings (starting from the top for a right-hander) are normally tuned to E,A,D, and G. You can find out how to get these by using a tuning app on a smartphone, or getting a portable instrument tuner in a music store. Or do it by ear if you're really confident :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

You might try a google search on guitar tuning; I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who know better than I. And for your rhythm and fingering ability, it must be nothing but practice. Instruction might help you if you're doing something completely wrong, but if not, just hours and hours of doing it until you get muscle memory.

3. djone12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    iv played gigs for a year getting good is all practice that's all i can say i play for any were from an hour a day to three or four hours it all depends but it just has to be fun or its hard to practice youtube can be a great help and the website ultimate-guitar.com you can look up songs to learn

4. Santana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guitar must be tuned as E A D G B E, if you know what it means. I can't really explain this.
    When it comes to chords - you'll get used to it. I had to spend about two months until I learned to change chords quickly enough. Now I've played guitar for about 4 years and I know all chords possible to play on guitar, and I can change them as fast as I need :slight_smile: