1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbotene Liebe Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sdc91, Aug 5, 2008.

1. sdc91

Since so many people watch the show, via Das Erste or YouTube, I thought we could start up a discussion thread to talk about our favorite TV couple, Christian and Oliver! Post pictures, debate, speculate, crush on Jo and Thore, etc. Viel Spaß!

If you haven't seen it:
    Das Erste at 18.00, Fernsehsender 1 (Germany) +1 CET Time Zone
    www.youtube.com/IvanIV05 (Original German, usually uploaded 2 hours after airing time)
    www.youtube.com/ichglotzutube (Subtitled English, usually uploaded 12 hours after airing time)

So, discussion time! Do you guys think Christian was too unemotional or in-character during today's episode when he found Olli and brought him to the hospital?

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Poor Ollie :frowning2:

Im wondering whats going to happen next, if Axel will get caught and whats going to happen in Christians career.

I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened to Ollie during the whole bathroom scene. I thought Ollie was going to get stabbed!

3. Leigh

Leigh Guest

hahaha!!! i was thinking about creating a VL thread!!

i felt so bad after that happened. i actually thought that Christian would find him before he got too beaten up and it would be all dramatic and heroic and everything. but omg didnt your heart just burst when he found him.

i hope they come through this!

tbh i could live if all the other couples broken up but i need them to stay together!!!!!!!!

4. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I've never heard of this show before, and I was really proud that I could understand most of what they were saying (which is unusual for my German, I can read and write it much better than I can listen to it).

5. sdc91

lol, have they not already?

Fabian + Judith, broke up
    Gregor + Sarah, broke up
    Sebastian + Lydia, broke up
    Come to think of it, is there a straight couple left on the show...?

I've read the spoilers through September (BAD HABIT!), and I can say it's going to be pretty exciting. Of course, now that Chrolli is out I think we'll have more romance, which makes every episode more exciting. lol

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Oh no! She's leaving for Australia :frowning2:

7. Leigh

Leigh Guest

oh dear what a shame. i think she moaned too much. tbf ok her bf slept with her mum thats harsh but even before that. people keep moving to far off places though. the blondes :confused:

^^ and i meant the gay couples. LOL!! sorry im kinda vague. i meant Luke and Noah, John Paul and Keiron, and Roman and Deniz who tbf did split but i pretend they didnt, cus im sad like that :slight_smile:

did anyone else think that they whole "gay bashing" storyline was kind of anticlimactic?? i was so prepared for a big blow up and it just fizzled out. and that makes me think that theres more coming and this bit doesnt have a nice atmosphere about it. does anyone know what i mean?

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!!! can we try to keep the thread spoiler free? i hate spoilers. but thanks for the assurances. :grin:

#7 Leigh, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
  8. Corny

Corny Guest

wait .. this show is popular anywhere outside germany? *gasp*

9. Bryan90

Well duh! I think these german soaps, like VL and Alles Was Zahlt are so much better than "as the world turns" and many others...

10. sdc91

...:icon_bigg
    Not saying anything.

11. Cool Beans

Okay, I'm going to ask a really stupid question: why is so much stuff on the show in English? I mean, the cafe is called "No Limits" and all the music is stuff that's popular in the US or English-speaking Europe. Does Germany not have its own musical culture? Way back a few months ago, a bunch of the characters were singing karaoke, and the only one who sang a song that wasn't in English was (the totally awesome) Charlie, if my memory serves. If I lived in Germany and didn't speak English, I'd be kind of annoyed that all the music was in a language I didn't understand (although I guess it's possible that the German viewers are familiar with all that music anyway). I know I'm an idiot for asking, but I'm curious.

Also, I'm very anxious to see what comes next in the boys' storyline. In addition, I'd like to get the address of the factory where they make hot men like Olli, Christian, and Gregor.

12. sdc91

In Germany, most of the popular music on the radio is from America/UK. There are German artists, but English music is played a lot more. People in Germany are used to hearing English in music and pop culture, and use English phrases a lot (especially in advertisements; English is "hip").

13. Cool Beans

Ah. Now I know! Thanks. In case it's not obvious, I don't get out of America, ever.

14. sdc91

So Lydia's not going to Australia after all!

Did anyone else love how Olli dumped Christian's horrible cooking onto his plate when he was looking at Judith's SMS?

And Christian's face when Olli said he'd love to switch spots with Lydia? lol

15. Leigh

Leigh Guest

^^ i know!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was sooooo funny. the jealous look was so cute. dont you just wanna chub his cheeks!! only 3 minutes though and no episode today because of the olympics. :frowning2:

16. Corny

Corny Guest

i have to add though, that during the last 2-3 years german (and british) music has become a lot more popular. however even many german bands sing in english :wink:

17. Leigh

Leigh Guest

what!!?? there isnt another episode up??whats going on!?!!!!!!! :'(

18. casjerem

casjerem Guest

I love Christian and Oliver. They are the best. This is the best show ever. They give me the hope that one day I will find that special guy who I will be madly in love with, and hopefully he with me.

19. MOS KONIG

MOS KONIG Guest

True indeed. Still, when I last looked, the "American Boy" was still on the charts. Which is a year ago.

20. zoeee

sadly thats how it is in germany and most of europe i think. most of the music is english, we use english words for everything-even though we have german words desrcibing the same thing...it's a little annyoing.

verbotene liebe...weirdos^^ how can you like that kind of stuf? but i guess its the same with tokio hotel..everyone outside germany likes it, hardly any germans do xD
    btw..jsut as bad but there is GZSZ and it had a really cute lesbian couple in it...franzi and paula. just youtube GZSZ paula franzi...hehe ^^