1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovision

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by chrisyboy, May 10, 2014.

1. chrisyboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Any peeps watch the show tonight/last night even, never mind the politics Conchita WON! I've read people say she got the sympathy vote but I don't think so. She cant sing? She was OK and it was a good tune. And despite people trying to stop her not going on for "confusing people over their sexuality...WHAT!" according to some opponents, and loads of other nonsense she won Europe over. Fab. The fact she (or he even depending on your view) looks like Rylan - who I have a secret crush on - has nothing to do with my delight.

...And I wont lie, watching that and the extremely hot French gay male troupe on BGT in their heels get through to the next round made my day (they were reallyyyy hot) - Clearly the public like 'the gays' as my gran said last weekend

Even better Russia got booed BADLY, either for being homophobic and/or for the unrest in Ukraine. Just a shame USA and UK are a bit afraid of war at the moment after Iraq, need to keep those troops busy.

UK was the best I think, but that's the politics for you. We have either invaded the countries or trying to haha Coughs*Crimea*Coughs

#1 chrisyboy, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. itsjess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was so happy Conchita won! She looked like Rylan and Nicole's lovechild, it was pretty incredible, aha :') I don't think it was a sympathy vote for a long shot, even Ireland (a pretty backwards country sometimes in terms of sexuality and gender expression) gave Austria the maximum 12 points.. it was wonderful, and such a sign of the changing times! Rise Like A Phoenix was performed beautifully :grin:

It was equally nice seeing Russia being booed in a sense, although I did feel kind of bad for their act.. It's not their fault the country is run by a tw*at, haha.

I did love Molly with Children of the Universe, she got my vote.. I was so annoyed Ireland didn't even qualify for the final. I mean, what? EVEN JEDWARD GOT THROUGH TO THE FINAL FOR US. Sigh.

3. Patroclus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yeah, she must have had a massive support, she got got like 3's and 4's from a series of generally conservative countries, and a couple 8's in general neighbour voters. (tbf England didnt lose which is good? i mean, atleast we didnt get the usual 0 points :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

4. Nikky DoUrden

I'm happy she won as well, although I do think she wouldn't win without her background story and the beard :wink:
    But thats eurovision those days u don't win only because of a great voice, also the eurovision fans are "known" to be more LGTB friendly ^^