1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out, my fellow tabletop roleplayers!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bookmarked, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Bookmarked

There is such a stigma to admitting that you sit around it a room rolling dice and noting things down on sheets, it's almost easier to come out as gay than to admit it. I'm talking, of course, about tabletop games. So, this thread here will act as a little gathering for us. What games do you play? Who with? For how long? And any other details you want to share.

Me first. My name is Mark, and I play tabletop roleplaying games. Specifically D&D and Warhammer (40k and Fantasy). I've been playing D&D since 3.0 came out, I upgraded to 3.5 and I'm happy with it. A cursory look at 4.0 does not leave me happy, so I might be sticking to 3.5. Recently, I've been interested in Storyteller style systems like Mage, for example. That might be fun.

So, who's next?

2. Poring

I've never actually played tabletop games, but ever since I played W40k Dawn of War on the PC, I sorta looked the whole genre up.

I realized the amount of detail and hardwork people go into paintings those tiny pieces to build an army, and not to mention the amount of money you'd have to spend :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. InaRut

4. tylerksub

tylerksub Guest

The only game i've ever rolled dice and had to write something down was Yahtzee. I dont have any noticeable imagination but i wouldnt feel bad telling people if i played D&D.

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How geeky? Behold the fuzzy dice in my car:

[​IMG]

If you thought those were cool, make your saving throw versus geekiness.
    If you laughed at that joke, roll at -2.

I actually played D&D for awhile back in the mid 80s. Just sort of stopped playing. I didn't grow (ahem) disenchanted with it or anything. I just found other things to occupy my time.

Lex

6. Bookmarked

Okay, I not only laughed at that joke, but I actually want those dice for my non-exsitstant car. There's no hope for me, is there?

7. Steam Giant

Awesome dice, Lex!

Yes, I adore tabletop roleplaying, and have been doing it for...around 15 years now? I started on White-Wolf games (the World of Darkness games, like Werewolf, Vampire, Mage), and since have played a myriad of games and systems. To be specific:

D&D (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, and 4th. Give 4th a chance, you'll love it!)
    Abberant
    Adventure
    Alternity
    Call of Cthulhu (5th ed, not the shoddy D20 game)
    Contra (D30)
    D6
    Exalted (played both 1st and 2nd ed to death!)
    Hunter
    Mage
    Spycraft (1st and 2nd ed...2nd is crunchy as hell, but awesome!)
    Seventh Sea
    Sovern Stone
    SLA Industries
    Star Trek (forgot the system)
    Star Wars (D20)
    Trinity
    Unknown Armies
    Vampire: The Masquerade
    Warcraft D20
    Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy
    Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2nd ed)
    Weapons of the Gods
    Werewolf
    Wushu

...I think that's everything! Of course, some of those games listed above (particularly Exalted or 3rd ed D&D), I've played multiple campaigns of. Sometime soon, I'll be able to add Dogs in the Vinyard to the list (it's another Doctrine of Narative Truth type system, like Wushu), it's just a matter of finding the time to read the damned rulebook (familiarizing myself with Warhammer 40K 5th ed at the moment!)

I'm currently playing in two campaigns, a 4th ed D&D game where I'm a tiefling warlord (who just cross-classed into warlock to help with ritual casting), and I'm also playing a sanctioned psyker in Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy (we started after concluding a very long Warhammer Fantasy game, in which I played a wood elf entertainer/minstrel/spy/assassin/servant. Yes, I went from Assassin, a top-tier career, to servant, a starting career!). My psyker's misadventures can be found here. My character's name is Ishmael.

#7 Steam Giant, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008