1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the world of beards!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by the stranger, May 18, 2014.

1. the stranger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    beards are becoming more and more popular I myself sport a manly full beard.

beards tend to stand for maturity, authority, and aggression. I however find that beards can stand for love and self respect. It takes time and care to keep up a good beard, that being said I personally find an overly groomed beard to be too forced. good natural beards tend to have their edges cut and be combed after every bath yet still have a few strands not in uniform. your beard can be long, short, or in between but if you take care of it with lots of love then that in itself speaks of who you are. well groomed people tend to be respected and seen as a man who knows who he is and loves himself. now let that sink in for a moment, seen as a man who loves himself... this ties in with the lavender(?) rule: treat yourself as you wish others to treat you.

beards and the work place! many studies have shown that beards also mean intelligence and being artistic, this can help with jobs such as college professor, artist, scientist, therapist, author, and so forth. beards unfortunately tend to be seen as bad in financial, government, and jobs revolving around law.

beards on the block... the chopping block! having a beard can get tiring at times making you wish to shave in order to try out a new look or impress on the dating scene. oftentimes for me at least the only thing keeping me from shaving is knowing just how long it takes to grow a beard. now some people can grow a beard extremely fast like fuller and thicker than mine in about six months, you may think thats a long time but I have been growing a beard for just over three years now and have never had it majorly trimmed. most people grow beards only slightly quicker than me, so always keep this fact in mind when considering growing or shaving a beard.

beards and dating! I hear beards are becoming more and more popular in the gay dating scene because of media showing gays to be shaven, well groomed dark hair, and a darker tan. a good amount of gay men see stuff like this and say ugh thats not me or any of my friends, so they choose to stand out in a way that shows or enhances their personality.

me and my beard! I did this thread to show my personal feelings and experiences with beards. I am new to the gay scene and at the time of writting this have never come out to anybody so my knowledge on beards and gay dating is not from personal experience but I have done lots of research on the subject and a simple fact is beards are becoming popular among the gay population for good or for bad.

you and beards! one final thought for you fine folks. how do you feel about beards and how do they rank in the dating scene? I voiced my opinion and hope it enlightened some of you but I know that you have valuable information as well and soooo you should post it here so that we all myself included can learn more. to end I really am curious about beards and dating and would appreciate tips and advice.

thank you all for reading, if this is found to be helpfull by lots of people then please sticky so theres not tons of threads about this.

2. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You sir, are a god! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. tscott

I started mine when I accepted myself as being gay back in November. I love beards. There is warmth and friendliness I find in those that have them.

I even bought a pair of Kelly green socks with different kinds of beards on them. LOL.