1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Munyal, May 18, 2014.

1. Munyal

So, general thoughts?

I'm pretty excited. I'm hoping for lots of trumpets and many a Wingull to flock my way. Also, Mega-Sceptile!!! One of my favorite starters, the others being Serperior and Blastoise.

I'm pumped to face teams Aqua and Magma again. I'm crossing my fingers that Wally will be on the Elite four, or Brendan/May.

I'm just so excited!

2. Utterlyconfused

I almost died when it was announced, I can't wait and now that we're coming out of our rough patch I know I can get it on launch day rather than having to wait a couple of months, I consider myself lucky.

Also Grass type user, hell yeah. I've been a grass user since I first booted up diamond on Christmas day when I was 10, and let's be honest Turtwig was.... ok. I still have the first Geodude I caught although he's a golem now but I lost my fully evolved Torterra on the playground after under-estimating my opponent's pokemon. He left after that year, He's probably lying as a dormant piece of code now. I miss him :cry:

3. UsagiChan

I'm MEGA jealous of the people are going to get to play this! I unfortunately can't afford a 3ds or a 2ds to play it on. (Still the proud owner of a DS Lite.) But it looks amazing. I've played every Pokemon game, except for the ones only available on 3ds (X+Y, etc). I should probably invest in a 3ds so I can play this game!

4. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Exactly this! :frowning2:

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I have a Nintendo DS, so I wasn't able to play Poke'mon X/Y, nor will I be able to play Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. It doesn't really bother me, because I can always go back and play Ruby and Sapphire on my Nintendo DS, or via emulator. I would like to play this improved remake, but I'll survive. I'm just curious what changes it will bring to the game, and how it will affect it.

Ruby and Sapphire was the Generation I actually skipped, originally. I had phased out of Poke'mon back during Gold/Silver/Crystal, and didn't return until Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Though I was late to actually playing the Third Generation, I finally had the chance and it isn't too bad. A lot of my favorite Poke'mon designs come from this Generation, but it isn't my favorite of the games.

Team Aqua/Magma were kind of weak villains, to me. Team Rocket isn't much better, but then again they're just an international mafia-based organization. I'd have to say my favorite villains were Team Galactic from Diamond/Pearl, because they had a pretty wild idea. It wasn't just capture Poke'mon and get revenge, or capture Poke'mon and sell them, no, it was capture Poke'mon, use their awesome power to warp space and time, and to remake the world in their image. That, to me, was refreshing.

6. Kabuki

Kaiser you should read about Team Flare those guys have a very twisted plan too, for me they are the best villains of all the games.

7. shadowmonger

Out Status:
    A few people
    Im pretty freaking excited

8. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I'm not terribly surprised, because let's be honest, Nintendo would be losing money if they didn't as so many Pokemon fans got into the series because they were Hoenn-babies. Hoenn was always a cool region because there was so much post-game even if the story was weak, who cares- it's Pokemon. Those new Megas though, it definitely makes up for Nintendo's novel idea:

"Hey you know that chicken we set on fire in the third gen?"

"yeah?"

"What if in Gen VI, we make it even more powerful than it was before while completely forgetting about it's under appreciated Gen III counterparts!"

"Let's do it!"