1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destiel, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Arrow Ace, May 19, 2014.

1. Arrow Ace

Because the season Finale is tomorrow, what do you think the chances are of 'Supernatural' canonizing 'Destiel'(The ship name of Dean and Castiel)
    I think a 'Reverse Crypt Scene' or something along those lines is going to happen.
    They would probably bring it out of the Subtext just before the end and then give the 'Casual' viewers a chance to digest the fact that Dean is not the 'womanizer' they see him as. That would be a four month break where they could skip the awkward 'first dates' and shiz and then just have Dean and Cas in an established relationship. Anyone else hopeful?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I actually got into supernatural because of destiel fan fics. It just seemed like a wonderful story, especially with Dean being the stereotypical macho guy with a tough heart. it also doesn't hurt that Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins are so cute. :grin:

3. Kamina

I would love it if they canonized Destial, however as all the posts in my tumblr feed have been warning I can't help but repeat "lower my standards, lower my standards".

I think that it would be wonderful if it happened but in my opinion the chances of them actually writing it and having the network approve (which is the biggest issue I think) is slimmer than what I would like.

I still really hope that it happens xD

4. Arrow Ace

Resu: Same! I had a lot of it on my Tumblr dash and read the fanfictions and got hooked. I only recently started watching the show regularly! I love the fact that Dean is macho as well.

Yelena: Yeah, I think the net work is the biggest problem. Though they have had gay characters on the show before...

The thing I'm worried most about is them going *Boom!* DEAN IS GAYYY FOR CAS
    instead of saying he's bisexual or a variation there upon.

5. Silas

Destiel FTW!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Arrow Ace

Silas: Agreed 100%
    I'd feel sorry for Sammy if Dean and Cas got together though. How long has it been since he had a stable relationship again?

7. Caillin

So did your guy's ship happen? :lol:

8. Arrow Ace

I don't know yet T^T I'm stuck at school with no Tumblr to keep me updated D:
    Anyone else know?

9. Caillin

Oh I dont think its been on yet :shrug: also I have no idea why im interested I don't even watch the show :lol:

10. Arrow Ace

I'm not too sure when it airs either tbh XD I'm in Australia so I usually watch the new episodes by live stream or get my info later from Tumblr. I don't think it's started but at about this time we get a kind of preview thing.
    Ha, I was interested in it for a few months before I started watching.

11. Arrow Ace

*Sighs* I just read a recap and it seems there was no Destiel :/
    Excuse me while I go pout in the corner.

12. Caillin

Awh its ok (*hug*) it can still be a thing in your

[​IMG]

13. NoaWinchester

Supernatural is my favourite show and I used to really like Cas and Dean as a couple, but I've gotten really sick of Destiel for some reason - maybe too many fans shoving their ship down the show's writers' throats...
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about anyone specific who commented on this post. But I just don't think it'll ever become canon (just as it didn't last night). Destiel doesn't have to be acknowledged for the profoundness and realness of the relationship between Dean and Cas to be realized. This was evidental (is this a word?) last night in the season finale.

14. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm planning to watch SPN when I have the time, but for now, Johnlock is my poison of choice ^_^

15. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'd almost like it better if they left it implied instead of canon. But I'd also be cool with Wincestial, Sabriel, Sastiel, Wincest, Meg/Cas, Samifer, or anything really. The show is too damn shippable :grin:

16. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm aware of the Destiel fandom, though I've only seen the first 5 seasons of Supernatural. I think its a little silly since its not cannon, but then again I've never understood fan fiction.

However, Since Supernatural is on its 9th or 10th season, I actually think it would be more likely for Destiel to actually happen (though I don't think it will). Since the show is probably on its final stretch the writers can take more risks with it.

17. Arrow Ace

I agree with all of you c:
    I think it's nice in subtext but I just want more textual non-hetrosexual characters. I think it'd be pretty cool if Dean were to 'come out'. Subtext is fun to look into(Especially the parallels)
    Yeah, I do think some fans take it too far. Though it's kinda fun to see so many people bond over one thing c:
    Yeah, the show is really fun to ship everyone! Though I'm not much for Samifer as that'd be pretty damn unhealthy(Though not too many relationships on this show are :/ )
    Yeah, I'd think they'd make it canon around season 10 as well. They could 'get away' with it while the show would still be reasonably popular because all the very anti-destiel/ anti-gay watchers would probably just think that they've come this far, no point in turning back now c:

18. Silas

I'm like five episodes behind so still have to catch up on everything going on now... the one thing that bugs me about this season is what a mess they've made of Dean and Sam's relationship :frowning2: I miss the days when they seemed like brothers, now there's always so much drama and angst and distance between them... it feels like Dean and Cass have way more of a bond than Dean/Sam these days :/

But the Destiel bromance scenes are always fun, I hope we get some good stuff for Season 10! :icon_bigg

19. Arrow Ace

Yeah, I'm watching season one atm and they seem so close! Though Dean seems really repressed and over compensating what with the leather jacket and stuff than he is in season 8&9.

20. Kesha

Kesha Guest

Castiel is so cute