1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who are good with audio stuff and songs.. I need help

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Blue0090, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

I need an instrumental version of this song by Rihanna and Maroon 5 called "If I Never See Your Face Again"

(song here): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AICO3DeKhnc

I would do it myself but I really don't know how to take the vocals part >_<

I'd really appreciate it if you help me D:

(or if you find one online please tell me)

Thanks =)

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Many audio editing programs have a "remove vocal" function. However, the results tend to be sketchy at best - there's still some vague traces of the vocal, and the music ends up sounding rather strange during that period (due to various frequencies being removed). Unless the song has an instrumental part that you can loop, your best bet is to find an instrumental version online.

Lex

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

There is no easy way of removing vocals from a recording.

If you have a good stereo recording, and if the vocals remain in the middle the whole time with music all around, then sometimes inverting one channel then mixing down to mono will work reasonably well (audio editing software such as Audacity should do that). It tends to lose a lot of the bass too though. That track has a lot of bass, prominent vocals and not much other backing music so I don't think this technique will work very well there.