1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geography Club ending? [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tryhtwfr, May 28, 2014.

1. tryhtwfr

For any of you that have watched Geography Club, what are your thoughts on the ending? I hated how Kevin and Russel didn't get together even though Kevin's parents are so accepting! Worst ending ever....

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Wow! That's so weird. I just watched the movie yesterday and here there is a thread about it.

I thought the ending was realistic. If they had ended up together it would feel contrived.

That's just my opinion though.

3. ANightDude

They were never really "destined" to be together. Kevin didn't have much of an emotion attachment to Russell like Russell desired them to have. It struck me as pretty realistic, which is why that happens. While Kevin can be accepted by his family, he's got that high-school mentality that what's happening there is the most important thing that can happen. He's fearful for his status more than he's looking for acceptance.

I'm sure this event is probably one that's going to change Kevin. I imagine him and Russell end on good terms eventually, but nothing ever really becomes of it.