1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any anime fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by prussianblue100, May 28, 2014.

1. prussianblue100

Just wanted someone to chat about anime with. I mean, I have friends who like anime, but I can't really contact them. It's probably going to be awhile until I see them again. And a lesbian/gay/bisexual/whatever sexual would be even better to chat with!

Animes I like in no particular order: Pokemon, Avatar, Teen Titans, FMAB, Angel Beats, Soul Eater, Ouran, Death Note, Elfen Lied, Darker than Black, Hetalia, Attack on Titan

I'm pretty much into romance, comedy, and action.

2. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can consider myself an anime fan i quess although I dont watch really often
    I really like death note and soul eater as well :3

3. Tetra

I LOVE AVATAR!
    I watch a few of the others on your list as well, but I'm really big into SOA, Fairy Tail, Naruto, XXXholic, Kino's Journey, alllll the Miyazaki films, Yotsuba!, etc etc. Basically I spend a lot of time watching anime :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Feel free to message me for anime discussions!

4. prussianblue100

Oh, I love the Miyazaki films!

Note to Non-Miyazaki fans: If you can survive Spirited Away, then you're gonna be okay with the rest of them.

I should have put that. I would watch Naruto, but I would have to dedicate my life to it. And doesn't the new Teen Titans (Teen Titans Go!) suck?

5. Tetra

REALLY THOUGH! I didn't think Spirited Away was the best Miyazaki film by ANY means, but it seems like so many people do!

I don't watch Naruto though, I read it! I picked up the whole manga set (well, a lot of it) at a thrift store once for $10. God, that was an amazing day.

I haven't watched Teen Titans since I was like 14 or so! I should pick it up again.

6. prussianblue100

Hey, DreamingLove. Sorry. I forgot to reply to your message. I get a little annoyed at Kira, but I love L. He's awesome. And I like Misa too.

As for Soul Eater, Death the Kid is my favorite. When my sister mentioned his fetish for symmetry, I was laughing so hard. XD

7. Rumpletubb

I'm gonna get a "My neighbour Totoro" tattoo if that says anything.

8. prussianblue100

That's awesome.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My favorite is Death Note!!! I, of course, love a lot of other animes as well.

10. prussianblue100

My favorite is Hetalia. After Attack on Titan, I just might have to watch Black Butler just to see why it's so popular.

11. PragmaCynic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some of my faves are Antique Bakery, Higurashi, and Miria Nikki (I think I spelled that right). My oldest got me hooked lol

12. tulipinacup

I do like Spirited Away a lot. I've seen Ghost in the Shell and I did like the animation and thought it was so far ahead of its time but I didn't quite enjoyed it as much as Spirited Away.

I'm more of an old school when it comes to anime and I've seen Yu Yu Hakusho, Voltes 5, Lupin III, and Ranma 1/2.

I do like Avatar and Legend of Korra.

13. Toast

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love the circus arc of Kuroshitsuji, although that's manna. I love FMA, though not really the brotherhood series. I got so used to Alphonse's voice in the regular series that his pre-puberty voice kinda grates on my nerves.

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Avatar counts, I freaking love it to tiny tiny bits :love: But other than that, I've gotten really into Attack on Titan recently. Very dark and *very* heavy on suspension of disbelief (curse all I learned about science! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but it has great emotional depth and investment, and I naturally gravitate to the military themes. And their Spider Man harnesses are pretty awesome hehe.

I didn't even remember Spirited Away or other Ghibli films, but they are great too. I don't always understand them XD but they are a smorgasbord of delights for the eyes.

#14 Argentwing, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
  15. animequeen567

Haha if it isn't obvious from my avatar and sig...Lol. I like all you listed, except I haven't really watched more than a couple of episodes of darker than black. Seen the others u l posted completely and some the many as too (except I'm still working on watching Attack on Titan lol)

16. juliegt6

I'd have to say my favorite has been Rose of Versailles. It's old and was only fansubbed until a recent first time U.S. release only 33 years after Japan...it is just so polished and well done.

17. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

I really like Ouran Host Club and Wandering Son. As well as Ghbili movies. :slight_smile:

18. Gwendolyn

My favorite anime(and only one I've been able to watch a full season of) is Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. I've watched some of the funimation preview/free episodes, and based off of those, some of my favorites would be Dragonaut: The Resonance, Chaos;Head, A Certain Magical Index, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Shangri-La, and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This really brought out the adoration for all things girly in me lol. It was saccharine in its cuteness and gave me a lasting crush on Kyouya.

20. black-cat

I love Hetalia and Psycho-Pass, though I go through phases of watching them, I have the attention span of a bumble bee lol