1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Secret/Law of Attraction

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JohnB, Jun 2, 2014.

1. JohnB

Any of you believe in the "The Secret" which is the "Law of Attraction"?

Mainly just a mindset where your most passionate emotions and thoughts generate your most wanted desires to become reality. (That is how I explain it)

Your thoughts on something you want to happen will send messages to the universe of what you want and it will be sent.

One of the stories shared on the DVD(not sure about the book) was by a Therapist by the name of Bill Harris, who told a story about a gay student he had taking his online course. The student e-mailed to him about hard times he was facing, how his co-workers would gang up to tease and prank him, how every time he'd walk down the street he'd get picked on by people(lived in a bad neighborhood), and he was trying to be a stand up comedian but would get heckled about being gay. The Dr. Harris asked him to read his own e-mail about everything negative with passion because he believed that was his life, he told him that he was focusing on everything he didn't want, and should start focusing on what he did want. So the student took the whole 'focusing on everything he wanted' to heart and actually tried to relax and focus.(listening to music, relaxing, whatever it took for him) Then in about 6-8 weeks something 'amazing' happened, Dr. Harris received an e-mail from the student about how his life turned around, the co-workers who harassed him either quit, moved to another department, or just left him alone, how on the street those who actually harassed him were just not there anymore, and how he was able to be open with his comedy act, about being gay even, and got standing ovations without getting heckled.

The Law of Attraction(LOA) gives everyone the ability to change their lives if they want to, my understanding of the LOA isn't discriminatory to Good{/I] or Bad things happening, it just listens to what our minds are very passionate about and is already making the preparations for what we are telling it we want. Think about something, it is already on its way, you just gotta feel good and give energy to your thoughts, and the more passionate you are about what you believe will come to you, the more actions you will find yourself taking to make it happen. So what I do is make way for the positive things and thoughts in my life, if something is nagging me or holding me back, I deal with it, whether it is a person or obligation, I make sure whatever is holding me back knows that it cannot stop me, and I realize it was nothing to begin with, just my negative thoughts made a mountain out of a mole hill. I realize possessions are mere objects that I can live without, convinced myself what I do want I can get, and what I don't want.....well, I don't even think or say what I don't want because I just may attract it, so I just focus on what I want.

Want a nice car? cut out pictures of cars you want out of magazines and put them on your wall, go to a car show in your city, go out and be around nice cars and you may spark a convo with someone who may become a new friend, get into club or FB page and you never know what you may learn and what opportunities will arise. Which this also explains why we get chances with crushes on people we thought we'd never get, you think about them all the time, and then realize that one day you will meet them in a random mall or somewhere and just talk. Could also be applied to coming out of the closet, you wanna come out but afraid of what's out there? Don't think about what may happen, better yet, don't think about what won't happen(you don't have a crystal ball to see into the future) deal with your anxiety, let someone know why you fear the outside world, analyze what you're afraid of, and learn that you are not alone, you are on this planet to live your life. Don't like something or someone? if you think about improving your own life, you will eventually find peace in simply existing on this planet with them, and it won;t bother you one bit.

(Sorry if I am sounding preachy, but it is my understanding of it. Just getting caught up in it. sorry, I am usually skeptical about this sorta stuff and look for flaws, but so far, this has a damn good mental effect on how we actually bring things in life to us whether we want it or not)

Want something? Think about it, give your attention to what you want. Deal with what holds you back from making those negative thoughts, make them only a laughable after thought.

In the end, the idea about the universe listening to you and giving you what you want, is just your mind working it's way to get it by yourself. Whether you believe it or not, you are working within its laws.

Wanna hear something crazy? I wanted to come out, but I was afraid if anyone knew about me, the whole world will end up knowing, everyone I was afraid of knowing would end up knowing, so afraid I was petrified(lol), but I eventually met people I knew who were gay and how it didn't bother them who knew, that they were happy with just their families and friends who knew them, they were so happy and I wondered why I wasn't happy, so I decided to reach out, and my thoughts on wanting to come out to people led me and you to this site.

I am not sure if you are skeptics or not, but I am still a skeptic in this life, but I find validity in this concept.

Thank you for reading this. :slight_smile: (sorry about it being long)