1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing Music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KrnlKrazy, Jun 4, 2014.

1. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

I thought I would make thread about sharing music we have found. I love to find new music that others are listing to. So lets share away some of the music we like!
    I guess I'll start it off with a song I've been listening to a lot.
    [YOUTUBE]UXTlczyWJ-Y[/YOUTUBE]

2. Gwendolyn

I've been listening to this and a couple other EDM songs constantly as of late(or in other words, past month)

[YOUTUBE]oNCOYWaKHGY[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: And this.

[YOUTUBE]G1NV32Ro_UY[/YOUTUBE]

#2 Gwendolyn, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  3. tulipinacup

I think it's nice that we not only share the music we like but also to listen to what others have shared. Often times we link the songs that we enjoy that we forget what the others have posted.

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2014 at 09:01 AM ----------

It's a catchy song, The girl kinda sounded like Taylor Swift and I like the instrumentation too.

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2014 at 09:05 AM ----------

comparing the two, I do like the vocals in the first video, but the 2nd is more catchy. I'm not a fan of House music but I quite enjoyed these two.

I recently found this song and heard her full album, I'm not yet super impressed with her but I really do see a potential in her.
    [YOUTUBE]Sharon Van Etten - "Taking Chances" (Official Video) - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

#3 tulipinacup, Jun 4, 2014
  4. Gwendolyn

Echosmith - Cool Kids
    Not usually a genre I listen to, but it was good. Better than most stuff I hear on the radio. If albeit similar.

Sharon Van Etten - Taking Chances
    Decent, but definitely not my taste in music. Can't offer much of an opinion here.

5. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just found Ayreon - The Human Equation. It's an album rather than a song, but I must say I'm rather taken with it so far. Not my typical genre, but it's interesting to say the least.

6. tulipinacup

^ I'll get into that album later.

7. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

Yea I agree with this. It helps expanded our tastes.

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2014 at 09:28 PM ----------

I really like "A Little Monster". Has the kind of pace to it that I'd play Dudley in Street Fighter. Vocals are fairly average for most of the song when it comes to dubby wubby songs though...

8. Hyaline

The two bands that I have on repeat at the moment. Both are older albums but haven't really gotten any airplay in the US. I know Bird of Tokyo got some airplay across the pond. I have others if people are interested..

I present "Hey Ocean! - Big Blue Wave" this video just makes me happy and I have been known on occasion to sing this quite loudly with people staring. I love this who album. Maps is awesome too..
    [YOUTUBE]yTk6eY9EY5g[/YOUTUBE]

I also present "Birds of Tokyo - Lanterns". I have this album on repeat right now at work. "When the night falls quiet", is awesome as well. LOVE IT..
    [YOUTUBE]mbJ3vacGOhw[/YOUTUBE]

---------- Post added 4th Jun 2014 at 09:45 PM ----------

Added Ayreon and Echosmith. Listened to a bit of both but I have learned not to just listen to a small bit. Most of my favorite tracks would be "b side" tracks...

Liked the Echosmith song, not as sure about Ayreon... have to see..

I like EDM too, but I haven't been in the mood to be that dancey (thanks pink) in a while..

#8 Hyaline, Jun 4, 2014
  9. Gwendolyn

Hey Ocean - Big Blue Wave
    Heard this song before. While I like the song, it sounds odd to me(probably because I'm so used to a certain remix of it)

Birds of Tokyo- Lanterns
    Amazing song, great vocals. Definitely adding to favorites.

Btw, I usually listen to exclusively EDM, so I'm always in the mood for that kind of music. But here's something different.

[YOUTUBE]MGR4U7W1dZU[/YOUTUBE]

Bastille's album, Bad Blood is also amazing.

[YOUTUBE]vI0FETSHAv4[/YOUTUBE]

10. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always cringe when I see threads like this. It just makes me feel like an outcast because I listen to game music a lot for they have a special place in my heart. They helped me struggle through almost 2 decades of loneliness and sadness. So the music reminds me of those times when I was not responsible for so much and I was not worrying about the future. I can't get into emotional songs with singing at all. Just thought I'd stop by and lay my cards on the table.

11. KrnlKrazy

KrnlKrazy Guest

Well speaking of game music...
    I've been listening to a lot Persona music. Mainly this one.
    [YOUTUBE]HFTB0H6DnBg[/YOUTUBE]

12. tulipinacup

Ok it took me around 2 minutes to figure out this is a progressive rock album but then again it started to sound like a musical. I'm not a fan of the lyrics but it's probably because I'm turned off for this kind of genre. I think people who enjoy this type of music will find it as a masterpiece but I have different taste.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2014 at 09:05 AM ----------

I feel such an asshole for sharing my opinion but I do like Hey Ocean! I find it really catchy however it's not really my cup of tea.
    As for Birds of Tokyo, this song sounds like it's more enjoyable when sang in group (kind of like for a graduation song or something), I was waiting for its build up but the for the most part it stayed kinda low, again it's not my cup of tea and seemed a bit contrived but I'm interested if they have songs that I might enjoy from their past album?

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2014 at 09:16 AM ----------

I keep hearing Bastille but never gotten the chance to listen to their songs but I must admit that I'm impressed with this song. His voice is really good and my favourite part is when the harp is playing which sort of reminds me of Florence and The Machine.

Les Friction has a really nice build up and I like the guy's voice especially when he goes really cryptic, I'm not sure if I can say the same way with the lyrics though.

13. tulipinacup

This is so cute.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2014 at 09:26 AM ----------

[YOUTUBE]1fDdcrs9X10[/YOUTUBE]
    My ex-bf introduced me to this band and completely fell in love with them. They were around the 90's and though their former lead singer left, Their new band member is not bad at all and sounded more poppish which I'm not complaining about it. Doesn't this song make you go nananananana ?:wink:

14. Gwendolyn

Persona 4 - Never More
    I like the song, but that's probably because of the anime vibe it has.

Hooverphonic - Amalfi
    I like the song, it just feels like nothing really happened in the song.

[YOUTUBE]TERyxFfMqDk[/YOUTUBE]

This song MIGHT have potential triggers.
    [YOUTUBE]fG7Bdiy9iR4[/YOUTUBE]

#14 Gwendolyn, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  15. tulipinacup

Oh god. My ex-bf is in love with this song and I remember not liking it, lol.

OK. Let me try something that has a bit of an anime sound. This is the closest that I can get and probably the only Japanese band that I am familiar with. I love how lively the instrumentals are and the chord progression, the girl's voice could sometimes be too weak that it seemed like she can't keep up with the instruments playing but I really do love this band.

[YOUTUBE]IoFC6eObvEo[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]5tW-gucL6jc[/YOUTUBE]1:49-2:21 is my favourite part.

16. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gonna share this one:

[YOUTUBE]cqm19gBIsf8[/YOUTUBE]