1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twilight

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by myra, Aug 18, 2008.

1. myra

Anybody else out there obsessed with the twilight series? I've read all 4 books (own 3 of them) and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the first movie. I'm even more excited because i just found out today that its coming out earlier than planned! November 21 (i believe) instead of in december! It got moved forward becuase harry potter got pushed back to next summer. Not dissing harry or anything, but i love my twilight! Team Edward all the way!

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I'm only up to the third book but I'm already hooked. Can't wait for the movie to come out me and a big group of my mates are all going to go!!!!

3. Davey

Of course Myra knows my problems with the Fourth book but I to LOVE Twilight. She's the one that convinced me to read them so I Thank her haha. It was a fun ride those books.

I am very excited about the movie being pushed up but I'm a little skeptical about how the movie is going to turn out. I've seen the trailers and the released scene on the Penelope DVD and I'm a little worried. But either way I'm going to go watch it and can't wait!

4. MusicIsLife

for me, the series ends with eclipse. i hated BD more than i can coherently put into words.

5. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

Breaking dawn was amazing!!! it was defiunatly the best!!!!!! so i say ha to all u haterS!

6. Emberstone

Well sorry if some of us 'haters' draw the line at the more mordibly graphically gorey sexual things even stephen king would think well and hard first before touching in his books.

Or that we are angry at meyer's for blaming us and telling us to basically shut up and learn to love breaking dawn.

... okay, im done with that. besides, all the professonal literary experts cant all be wrong when they practically unianimously slam it as poorly written and inappropriate for the age group the books marketed too.

honestly, I dont have high hopes for twilight. vampire movies tend not to do well, and vampire romances tend to do far worse. writers who are vastly more talanted and more sucessful and famous have not matched expectations for the film adaptations of their vampire romance novels, so we shouldnt expect twilight to be any different. seeing as a good sizable chunk of meyer's fans have vacated her in disgust, that definiatly is not going to help.

also, that they are pushing the film up is going to hurt it because they havent finished it yet last i heard, so they will be rushing to get a final cut done in time for the early release.

I think meyer's just thought if she takes Half-blood Prince's slot, that she will automatically take in everyone who was planning to see Half-Blood Prince. This is how meyer's has operated delusionally for so long, that she is the one who is going to take over from jk rowling... sorry stephenie dear, you are no jk rowling. she sold 125 million copies in 5 years by the time the first film was released... you sold 9.5 million copies in four years... stop impling your the new standard.

7. MusicIsLife

I agree completely.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg I'm SOOOO excited about the movie!!

But I don't think they did Rosalie very well. She's meant to be beautiful but I've seen much better than the actress playing her. However they did an awesome job with Edward and Bella and Alice. :slight_smile:

9. Emberstone

I never had high hopes for a twilight movie, and not just because meyer's was involved. vampire romance movies just arent profitable.

10. Davey

first off Meyer had NO say in when the movie comes out.

second pretty sure the movie is done.

third the fourth book has grown on me and all the other vampire movies you are talking about are all aimed at Adults these are more towards teenagers who are more opened to these kinds of stories. So i believe Twilight will so just fine when it comes out.

fourth anyone who ditches and author because of one semi bad book was never a fan in the first place.

11. MusicIsLife

I cant say i was ever a real fan of the books, cause i bitched about how shitty they were more than i complimented them.

12. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

umm when i said all u haters ha i was joking... so um whateve and the book is ment to be for older teens so for older teens i think it is apporporaite but there are a lot of immature young teens and pre teens who read it..

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm on chapter 13 of Twilight and am loving it. :slight_smile:

14. vampireboy56

vampireboy56 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read all of the twilight series...loved them. Twilight was great New Moon was...okay Eclipse was good Breaking Dawn...I didn't like it but I didn't hate it
    I'm really excied about the movie...it looks really good a couple of my girlfriends are gonna see it....because none of my guy friends care about twilight