1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else think this is weird?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PurpleGrey, Jun 11, 2014.

1. PurpleGrey

So my mind was wandering again, like it does, and I remembered how in an old episode of Glee, the one with the t-shirts, Kurt's says LIKES BOYS instead of plain old GAY. I was wondering why the hell that's the case.

I thought maybe it was a censorship thing, which is absurd and unfair. After all, it's not exactly a chaste show.

So what do you think? Do you find it more fitting or do you think the censors are overly squeamish?

Also, no spoilers about season four, I haven't bought it yet, and I'm very ocd about shit. :eusa_naug

2. Kyubi

Lol, I don't watch Glee but I can tell you that "gay" is a tag like "bi" and "straight" and I think they rather went for not labeling him but rather making it more freeing by saying "like boys". I personally would feel better to just say "I like girls and boys" but the tag makes it easier for the world to understand. So in my uninformed opinion I think it has nothing to do with cencorship and more to do with non-conformity

3. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think it's a censorship thing. I sometimes use "likes girls" instead of lesbian or gay, so...

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's just another way of saying it.

5. in my opinion, maybe we should take into consideration that the shirt just simply says 'likes boys' and that they don't have a censorship problem with adding the word 'gay'? maybe the dresser actually just really liked that shirt?? not everything revolves around the topic of gay being a bad thing.

(i just read over that and it makes me look like a sassy person sorry)

6. lionfood

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember that episode! It was when they performed Born This Way :grin: I don't think it was censorship, since they talk about gay sex in several episodes, and Kurt calls himself gay a lot.
    I think it was just because it looks better on the shirt. "GAY" feels pretty general, but to me, I feel like "LIKES BOYS" is more obviously talking about him. I'm not sure if that's just me, or if that's everyone else too though.
    Also GAY is probably too short.