1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legend of Korra

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TheStormInside, Jun 12, 2014.

1. TheStormInside

Is anyone here a fan? The trailer for Book 3 is out, and it looks amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0UBbzeFc74

For those who don't know, Legend of Korra is the followup series to Avatar: The Last Airbender (of which I am also a big fan). It's set in the near future and follows Korra, a female water bender, who is the next Avatar after Aang.

2. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more of an A:TLA fan but also love Korra! I can't wait for this season.

3. tulipinacup

Though it's not as good as ATLA, I think LOK is one of the few remaining good shows of Nickelodeon.

There are a lot of things I didn't really like from LOK such as the MaKorra relationship, their constant fighting with each other was so unbearable to watch and I was actually glad that they broke up.

This trailer though does look promising and it seems like Jinora's character here is going to be as important as she was from Book II.

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea and it looks like theres gonna be a travel to the past or something like that

5. White Knight

Hmm looks like I am an odd one. I love Korra series more. Aang's adventures were fun but with more modern look and good looking two male support characters Korra looks more interesting.

6. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like white king i think korra is better as well.I just love the steampunk theme and korra .

7. TheStormInside

I also prefer Avatar over Korra, but I think they're both really wonderful series with beautiful animation, entertaining characters, and intriguing world building. Avatar is more my thing because of all the fantasy and the beautiful natural settings. I think it also holds together better as a series, which is unsurprising considering it was designed as a three season arc, whereas Korra was pitched as a short season/miniseries, and has gotten renewed twice now.

I also was not a fan of Mako and Korra, I felt like he and Asami had much better chemistry, and their fighting was really tiresome. Korra is also really emotionally immature and I think in that part of the series she really was not ready for a relationship. She grew up rather isolated and clearly never socialized much, so it's not surprising, and it's nice the writers considered that in developing her character.

I'm excited to see more Jinora, too, I really enjoyed her this past season. As a big Toph fan I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the Bei Fong family.

8. robotman

I am so effing stoked for this!

9. Tetra

So pumped!

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll probably check it out.

But I still miss my Princess Azula. And Uncle Iroh.

11. Hiems

I agree that Jinora looks like she'll be an important character. It looked like she traveled through the spirit world in that trailer, which was what happened in LOK Book 2.

Umm did anyone notice that Bumi was holding a sphere of air in that trailer? Maybe children of parents who can bend can gain bending abilities later on in their life. Like how stuff in the environment can affect your genes. That would be interesting to see...

I also wonder if they will introduce any new elements. We've already seen lightning from Azula, metal from Bei Fong, and blood from Hama and other peeps.

12. tulipinacup

I was pretty much teary-eyed when I saw Uncle Iroh on Book II.

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2014 at 08:46 AM ----------

I wonder the same thing. Maybe we will have sound bending ?

---------- Post added 13th Jun 2014 at 08:52 AM ----------

[QOUTE]

I'm excited to see more Jinora, too, I really enjoyed her this past season. As a big Toph fan I'm also looking forward to seeing more of the Bei Fong family.[/QUOTE]

I was slightly disappointed with Lin's character on Book II. I felt like her character wasn't being used to the fullest and comes across as someone who is so authoritative and obstinate but I'm still looking forward for her on book III.

13. Tim

Tim

Episodes 3-6 leaked in Spanish on the Mexico Nick channel.

As for the new bending: We were told a long time ago Book 3 would introduce a new sub-style of airbending. (Like Healing/blood for water, thunder/lava for fire, metal/sand for earth, etc.)

Small tidbits of spoilers for those interested: (As always, these are rather decent spoilers)

Small Summary of the important bits from a friend:

Zuko will appear, and has a dragon companion.

Korra is taught how to Metalbend.

Azula apparently had children with Sparky Sparky Boom Man. (The guy who shot fire out of the "eye" on his forehead)

Some Earth Kingdom citizens (and they speculate it may have happened elsewhere as well) gained the ability to airbend after the Harmonic Convergence. An explanation will likely be in episode 1/2. Team Avatar, along with Tenzin, Bumi, and Jinora take an airship to search for the new airbenders, but are troubled when they discover the Queen is imprisoning them to test and experiment on.

After freeing them, they are given the option to go free, or to be brought to the Northern Air Temple to learn how to airbend from Tenzin, and he leaves to do so after this.

Jinora joins Team Avatar.

14. tulipinacup

Azula apparently had children with Sparky Sparky Boom Man. (The guy who shot fire out of the "eye" on his forehead)
    OMG how??

15. Tim

Tim

I assume you mean how in the "How can she reproduce while in prison" way. xD

Summary/Major Spoilers from the graphic novel "The Search" (including what happened to Zuko's mom ;P): (As far as I can remember it, at least)

In "The Search" (Graphic Novel that showed what happened to Zuko's mom) Zuko agreed to let Azula go if she helps him find their mother. She was still crazy though, and still believed her mother was manipulating everything and everyone to ruin her life.

When they found their mother, who had no memories of ever being Ursa, as she had been given a new identity by a spirit (at her request as being away from her children was too much), Azula attacked her when she realized she had a new daughter and accused Noriko (Ursa's new identity) of replacing her. After throwing her into the wall with lightning, Noriko apologized for not loving her enough, even though she had no memories of that.

Azula broke down crying as Zuko and the others came in and asked Zuko why she couldn't be firelord (as it'd make his life easier and get rid of the voices in her head) and why he didn't kill her when he had the chance. He replied that being firelord was his destiny and no matter what she does he still loves her because she's his sister.

She got pissed, blasted a hole in the wall and ran away, dropping the letter that would be used to blackmail him (to steal the throne) in the process. Aang states that he believes Azula is finally beginning to see the light and says he thinks she dropped the letter on purpose. Throughout the book, Azula saved them multiple times lending credence to that.

That's the last we saw of her. She was free, and as she helped find Ursa, she fulfilled her end of the deal. Noriko later returned to the spirit that took her memories of being Ursa to get them back.

It's revealed Ursa tried to get Ozai to spare Zuko's life by admitting he wasn't Ozai's son. (a letter saying this was written to her former love as well, which is the letter Azula found). He was outraged, and she offered him an odorless poison in exchange for sparing Zuko's life. He agrees, but made her leave and never return, as he believed she would use the same poison on him. Ozai then murdered his father to assume the throne, and went after Ursa and her former love, which led to them looking for the Mother of Faces to find new identities. It was revealed though that Zuko really WAS Ozai's son though, and she was lying to try to save him.

#15 Tim, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  16. girlonfire

Wait, hold up, the trailer for book THREE???

I totally forgot about this, I watched book 1 but I haven't watched book 2 at all. SHIT I'M BEHIND!!! Is it on netflix??? DAMMIT I NEED TO WATCH IT

You guys have no idea for all of 8th grade ATLA was my life and then Korra showed up and I was like BOOYAH

I totally need to watch this

17. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it also seems like Zuko is alive =P (it's a not a spoiler if he appeared in the trailer)
    i think it would be interesting if Airbending can evolve into sound bending

18. Tim

Tim

We've known Zuko was alive since season 1, lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Aside from Aang, only Sokka was confirmed dead, by Katara in the first episode.

In fact, (another spoiler from a full summary of the episodes mentioned above:slight_smile:

Toph is still alive. Lin's half-sister tells her that she never visits Lin because she went on a journey of Enlightenment.

19. TheStormInside

Iroh does get a bit of a cameo in book 2! It was so great to see him :slight_smile: . Have you read the comics? There is some more exploration of Azula and Zuko as they search for their mother.

I did notice that! I wonder if there is a way to "unlock" bending ability, perhaps using the spirits or spirit world? Now that the spirit world is open, I imagine a lot of the rules may be shifting (which would of course go along with the title of this season, "Change.")

I'm in agreement. I feel like Lin's character was there just to get in Korra's way much of the season. She is stubborn but she was also made to be kind of dense, as well, which wasn't the case in the previous season. There were a lot of character issues in season 2 that I'm hoping they resolve in this next season. Season 1 was so great, I hope they're able to get it back up to that level.

Interesting! I am very anti spoiler so I didn't read what was under your tag. I wonder if it will be weather related, or somehow related to breath?

20. DarkClarity

Looking forward to the next season. There is one thing I'd like them to address. Due to Vaatu separating Korra and Raava, her link to her past lives is severed. I really hope they find some way to fix that. One of the things I loved at the first series was finding out about previous avatars and Aang's conversations with his past lives when seeking guidance.