1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maleficent

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by DreamingLove, Jun 22, 2014.

1. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Soo .. What did you think about the movie?I personally didnt really liked it but it was entertaining.
    The storyline and dialogs werent good and the only acting was angelina jolie's.
    I dont understand why they changed it so much.Maleficent could be evil and I would still watch it.
    Lana's music was awesome thought
    (Didnt you think she was going to kiss auroras lips and they were going to be a happy lesbian couple?)

2. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hahaha saw this the other day. I was like "what if she does kiss her on the lips????" but she didn't so
    I agree with you, wasn't particularly good but it was entertaining. Must say, Angelina Jolie looked pretty good in that

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't really like it, but it was worth the ticket price.

===SPOILERS===

I really disliked the idea of Maleficent being good and repenting. It ruined the villain for me =/

4. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

I thought it was pretty boring up until Aurora met Maleficent. It was a welcome surprise that she was the "true love" and not Prince Phillip. I also thought for a second that the kiss would be on the lips.

#4 XenaxGabby, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
  5. PalestrinaMX

I thought it was a good movie. However I think it's a movie more for children, or families in general. Not my type of movie, but decided to watch it regardless.

6. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry for replying so late .. I also think they wanted to make it more appealing to children.
    The parts where she played pranks to 3 fairies were really weak while the war parts were serious.They also changed the crows name to Diaval from Diablo.I guess they didnt want it to be satanic.

7. MEP91

MEP91 Guest

Wasn't my favorite film. Found it a little slow and boring. They could have probably cut out a few minutes but overall, wasn't the worst film I've ever seen.

8. Silas

I saw it last weekend, I was spoiler-free going in so I had no idea they would put that spin on the story... but I ended up enjoying it! Malef was still pretty badass (loved the opening and climax fight scenes!) and there were some sweet feel-good moments that gave it that nice Disney feel. Angelina totally owned the role so I enjoyed all her scenes... the story wasn't what I was expecting at all and took me by surprise but I had a good time overall :slight_smile:

9. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoyed it. The Maleficent from this movie became one of the few female characters I liked and yeas, I really thought they were going to kiss. I was completely shipping these two in the movie.
    I can't say that the changes in the story ruined the movie in the same way it did for you guys. I expected this to have a very sad ending, but it wasn't really that bad at all.

10. BethLauren

I like that the true love wasn't romantic love... Though a part of me would have enjoyed some Maleficent/Aurora.
    I wasn't keen on the movie overall, but it wasn't awful. I don't regret seeing it... I just won't watch it again.

11. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney villain. So why would I waste my money on a film where they completely shit on her character by turning her into a misunderstood hero? The entire of appeal of the Maleficent character was that she was evil incarnate.

Seriously what's next, a Jafar movie where we learn he would have been an okay guy if only he had a decent father figure? An Ursula movie where we learn that she was merely trying to save the ocean from the oppressive rulership of Triton? A Cruella movie where we learn her parents were murdered by Dalmatians and that is the real reason why she wants to kill puppies?

Sometimes Disney villains are best left the way they are.

12. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I dont think they shit on it but yes they made her so innocent.She was my favorite disney villain as well because she absolutely had no reasons to be evil.Jafar wanted the throne for example but maleficent was just being evil for nothing!
    But still its nice that she has a backstory now.At the end I was thinking that she would die like in the original and was feeling sore but it was happy ending after all.

I really liked that the true love came from the mother figure.Its a bit like frozen.I think they should do more movies more disney movies with those kinda endings like one time a princess can save the prince.Or a prince can save a prince :grin:
    Seriously thought I want an LGBT disney movie

13. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The introduction (maleficent childhood) was abit long, but it was interesting to see her starting to care for Aurora.

14. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They didn't give her a backstory. They completely rewrote the character with her finding redemption and being Aurora's true love. That is not adding depth to Maleficent's character, its creating an entirely new character with the same name.

15. ballawin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I still have not seen this movie yet. I went out with some friend to the movies a couple of weeks ago and that what I wanted to see but instead they wanted to see some damn spider man.

16. Dismusical789

I thought it was really good it answered the question of why she cursed aurora and despised the king so much

17. Candace

I haven't seen this movie yet, but my cousins in Florida say that it's totally worthwhile. The same thing happened to me with Frozen. I was skeptical about it, my cousins told me about it, I saw it for myself, and it was amazing!! :grin:

18. Confusedteen97

It was ok but I expected much more

19. Empress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I liked it. Pretty entertaining.

Totally thought they were going to get married at the end though. The prince feels kinda shoehorned in... The subtext is pretty strong. Don't hate me for corrupting the 'motherly' love or whatever but I can't not ship them. Though that may be because I always wear my shipping goggles. :wink:

20. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh I loved Malificient, and yes the music by Lana slayed me.

I loved the cinematography even though it was so heavily CGI. I love how they cleverly mould the two stories so well.