1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Lolitas/Brolitas out there?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sdmilk, Jun 25, 2014.

1. sdmilk

Have any of you dressed in Lolita (the japanese street fashion of course!)? If so, what did your coord look like and did you enjoy it! Are you a lifestyle lolita? Are you a casual lolita? What's your favorite style of lolita?!

Please let me know!! I'd like to get to know some of you!

2. Fandom obsessed

I do Wa lolita!!!!!!! I think mixing original Japanese styles from ancient times with lolita is the most beautiful thing!

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't know brolitas were a thing, but they sound cool hehe.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

i got too many rolls and mighty thighs to wear and it wouldnt suit me at all lmao but i like looking at the dresses online like its a fun aesthetic i can appreciate it

5. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Me either. So dressing lolita/brolita is dressing/acting like you're younger right? Like Honey-senpai in Ouran Host Club is a boy-lolita? :confused2:

6. Jay47

Jay47 Guest

I actually have one of the dresses that a girl I used to know gave to me and I don't know what to do with it. Apparently, this one is worth quite a bit. She never goes out of the house without full Lolita gear on, including wigs and petticoats.
    Houston in the summer in a petticoat.

7. Yosia

I want to.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a very particular style of dress popular in Japan. The girls dress in a sort of cute/sexy old fashioned style with lots of lace.

I can only imagine that guys doing something like this would be quicker to catch on in Korea where they actually appreciate feminine boys, but it would be nice to see elsewhere.

9. Katbot

Not really. Honey-senpai is a boy lolita character type, but thats separate from the Lolita fashion. That said, there are many people who play up their cuteness while wearing Lolita, since outfits that are done in the "Sweet" style are often very "girly" and cutesy.

Sadly, I'm not really a Lolita, since I dont own as much as a petticoat! I'd love to have the confidence/place/money to wear it, but I come from a tiny rural town, and I'd be stared out of the place if i wore Lolita! My favourite styles are Classic, though I appreciate all the styles, especially Sweet, but I'd never wear it.

I know it isnt really Lolita, but I love Otome-kei and Mori-kei too. It's so soft and natural, but still really elegant. :grin:

It's so cool to see the lolita community on EC :kiss: