1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewatching old 90s Godzilla movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Jun 28, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

I picked up a couple of Godzilla movies from WalMart the other day and have been having a blast watching them. The first one, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, is perhaps one of the strangest movies I've seen. It involves -evil- people from the future traveling back in time to replace Godzilla with King Ghidorah (The three headed dragon). The second one, Godzilla vs Mothra, makes more sense but is still odd. Mothra (The giant glittery butterfly) is awoken to help save the Earth from Battra (Evil Mothra) and stop a meteorite from hitting the Earth. These two Godzilla movies were both released in Japan in the early 90s and are very corny, but they still made me laugh.

2. Phoenix92

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um, the Japanese Gojira movies are designed to be hyper campy, they were using the same rubber kaiju(proper terminology, mr. Del toro) suit since the beginning of the franchise back in the 1950s.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Godzilla is a fun series. Some of the films are quite bad, but others have a certain charm. I believe my favorite if Godzilla vs King Kong, just for the novelty of it. There's also Godzilla: Final Wars, which while not a masterpiece, is just Godzilla going on a ass kicking world tour.

Godzilla's WTF Dropkick

It also has that^.

If you can overlook the campy presentation, it has some good LOLwut laughs.