1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadway shows/plays

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MarcelGB, Jun 30, 2014.

1. MarcelGB

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Anyone interested on talking about theater in general?

It's becoming a big hit the show Kinky Boots. Neil Patrick Harris is doing a show about a drag queen. People say it's a worth see show. Also, there's a play written by Harvey Fiersten called Casa Valentina. He also wrote one in the 80's called Torch Song Triology. There's a movie you can look it up. Warning it's a drama movie, a sad movie.

If you go to youtube, there's a channel called Queens of the Week. There you can
    find videos about drag queens they talk about drag, issues with identity, depression
    bla bla bla...so many things. For me there is Misty Eyez that's really a good advicer or just
    in my opinion.

:icon_bigg:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:lol:frowning2:*hug*)

2. lgbtqenjolras

Why are there no replies! I love theater. This summer, I went to acting camp and hung out with gay theater nerds and ate pasta for a week. My favorite plays are Les Miserables, Chicago, Little Shop Of Horrors, Wicked, West Side Story, Newsies, Avenue Q, and Next To Normal.

3. Metaphor

Metaphor Guest

Hello, I love theater too, but I'm quite new in the field.

This year I enjoyed Bullets Over Broadway, directed and coreographed by Susan Stroman. It was amazing. I laughed and had a great time in the theater. The performances were alive and fantastic, while the production was detailed and eye-popping.

As an extra note, I waited for the actor to appear at the end of the spectacle. All of them were incredibly kind, especially Zach Braff, Betsy Wolfe, Karen Ziemba, Helene York and Marin Mazzie. I got autographs from them, so I keep my playbill as a small treasure.

4. daisy448

daisy448 Guest

Wicked is my favourite musical of all time. Just thought I'd let you know.

5. Candace

I've been to some Broadway shows. Not that many. The only ones that stand out to me are the Lion King and Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.

6. MintberryCrunch

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is excellent. I had just seen it when I joined this forum :slight_smile:

I'm also a fan of Pippin, Wicked, The Phantom of the Opera, Guys and Dolls, Into the Woods, and Newsies. :slight_smile:

7. phony

I love broadway!!! I love singing musical theatre songs.. specially rock ones, such as Rent, Next to normal, spring awakening. Also some classic ones..
    Rent is my all time favourite :slight_smile:

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to be a really huge fan of the musical theater. My favourite shows are Wicked and The Phantom of the Opera.

9. twosoups

I LOVE THEATRE! Too bad I won't be able to see another play for the next eight months... I really want to get the opportunity to see "The Book of Mormon" sometime. My favorite play I've ever seen was "Of Mice and Men" My eyes were nearly pouring when it ended. :'(

10. Hel

Hel

I never saw any plays live unfortunately but I bought the Next to normal soundtrack and absolutely loved it. Since then, I often listen to musical songs.

11. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last year my partner and I had a theatre weekend in London - Phantom of the Opera one night, Les Misearbles the next. I prefered Phantom he prefered Les Mis... we're still squabbling like a pair of old queens about which was best. :lol:

12. stormborn

i love theatre. some of my favourite shows that i've seen are Wicked, Rocky Horror, Four Hands Two Pianos, Mamma Mia (wayyy better than the movie adaptation), West Side Story, and Next to Normal. there are a ton that i can't think of right now, too...

13. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally agree about Mamma Mia.. could also be something to do with the nicely toned eye candy frolicking around the stage. :icon_bigg

14. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

I wanna watch Lion King :3

15. PortugueseNaya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favorite one is Mamma Mia

16. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I LOVE theatre. My school used to stage musicals a lot... when I was in school, there was Fiddler on the Roof, Phantom of the Opera and Wicked. I was in the last two and it was loads of fun. I also did tech for a really good production of Sweeney Todd.

The only thing I've seen on Broadway is American Idiot because I've only ever been to America once. But it was a lot of fun.

17. stormborn

yes, 100%. every time i see it, no matter where, there is always one EXTREMELY nice looking dancer, and my eyes are glued to him the entire time... :eusa_pray