1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dear all Otaku, help :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by XingSarangBi, Jul 1, 2014.

1. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Hajimemashite!! ^-^
    I've always wanted to read manga (just never had the time) and sadly, I can't read favourite series such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Bleach because they're too long! But I'd love to read Shounen-ai or Shoujo-ai manga :slight_smile: I was hoping if you could please suggest some titles that have very good stories that have somehow touched you or have stayed with you, that have no (or almost none) yuri/yaoi (I can bear it if the story is too good to pass ^-^ ) , and that have good art (it doesn't have to be excellent either). It'd be a plus if there are characters that are kind or adorable or cute or sad or lonely or depressed.
    Arigato!! ^-^

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently hooked on Wandering Son...

3. Kabuki

I just read Bokura wa Sore o Hitei Dekinai. It's yaoi but it is not explicit and the story, even if short, is very cute. You can also look for the other stories made by this person, which are great too. :grin:

4. Nogitsune

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a Fan of Fruits Basket. The anime was short, it actually stopped halfway through the manga's storyline, but the manga's art is beautiful. Just about any story drawn by Yu Watase is a good bet. She created series like Fushigi Yuugi and Ceres: Celestial Maiden.

5. Complex

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Half prince,Soul Eater (it has a few but not too much) Ouran High school host club is awsome as well ^_^

6. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I almost forgot, I loved Hanami: International Love Story. It's only 4 volumes long. Does take a little getting used to reading left to right again after reading some Japanese manga. (It's translated from Korean, another language with a L-R writing system)

7. AtomicBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Psyren was a favorite of mine, it's not too terribly long.

8. prussianblue100

If you're a fan of high school, romance, and monsters, you can always look at Rosario+Vampire. It's the only manga I've actually read because I watch a lot more anime. Or, if you're a big fan of history, you can check out Hetalia (read very little of the manga, but am up to the fifth season in terms of anime). It's based on historical events and personifies all the countries in the world. There are some sad moments, but it's very funny. The fans are a bit crazy and there is only official one yaoi pairing in the manga (there's also a bit of romance later on between Germany and Italy), but it's good nonetheless. Whatever you can find is good for you. :slight_smile:

9. ChibiXio

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Death Note. Bakuman. NaNa (though the author never finished it. She stopped at volume 21 i think and in the climax of the whole story too -.- but really good) Vampire Knight was pretty good too.

10. Leynx

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yotsubato! It's such an adorable anime and the main character is soooo cute! It's a really good anime that will make you laugh and fill you with cuteness ^_^

11. IceKunoichi

Akume no Riddle is really good.It has a hint of yuri but not much.

12. stormborn

^^^^ this! it's also called Transient Son or Hourou Musuko.

i don't read a ton of manga, but i'm reading Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan right now. i also like Kimi ni Todoke, Durarara!!, Bento!, and Zero Count (i think that's the name)

13. IceKunoichi

Shingeki no Kyojin is the best!Its my favorite right now.

14. MissRanger

MissRanger Guest

Girlfriends...the only less explicit manga I could think of. I don't really know any shounen/shoujo-ai manga most of the mangas I have read have explicit content in it (Yuri/Yaoi).

Non shoujo/shounen-ai manga I enjoyed reading...
    Life is Money
    Nighthead Genesis
    Mirai Nikki
    etc.

15. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Thank you for all your carefully written replies!! :slight_smile: *off to read some manga!!*