1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Collections?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by John2517, Jul 4, 2014.

1. John2517

Ever since this December I've started gradually collecting old classic movies so when I'm older I'll have this huge collection to share with my children. What do you guys think? Do you collect specific genres or types of movies? When did you start? And how large is it?

2. Vampire

I personally do not collect movies, but I'd like to recommend you getting The Godfather trilogy.

3. White Knight

I like collecting things. Have comics, Batman Animated Series/Super hero figures, cassette tapes, music cds and movies.

Most of those can't stand in time if you are really really obsessed with them... at least in my case.

Also technology changes fast. I had video tapes(VHS), VCDs, DVDs and Blurays for movies.

I learned that unless they are personal faves very out of main stream they worth keeping, if not they will probably re-relased with whatever new medium technology come up with.

Never counted but I think, even after giving good portion of them away, still have nearly 300-400 movies.

Soon I will follow up my own example and probably drop that number under 100.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm definitely going to start collecting movies once I've got the necessary funds to do so. They're one of my biggest passions/

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

My Horror movie collection is...

>_>

<_<

... frightening.

LOL, I'm sorry. I just... I saw an opening, so I took it!

But seriously, I collect movies I enjoy. A few box sets of older series I grew up with, or came to like, or just random ones, like 12 Angry Men and The Great Dictator.

But the one genre I have the most of, and tend to always be accumulating more for is, Horror. I have the classic films, like Dracula and Frankenstein, I have trendsetters, like Psycho and Night of the Living Dead, I have the prototypical slashers, like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween, I have the mega-franchises, like A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th, and this is about where I stop. I'm not too sold on 90s or later Horror, with the exception of a few sequels, like Child's Play or Puppet Master.

6. TheStormInside

I have a good amount of animation- stuff like Disney, some favorite animes, Laika's films, US TV shows, and some more obscure stuff like Secret of Kells. I didn't plan to collect them specifically but it seems that's what I'm most drawn to and therefore likely want to have in my collection to rewatch. I still have some old Disney VHS from childhood, though I want to slowly replace those with DVDs.