1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horror Movie Fans & Gay Undertones

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InSearchofAdam, Jul 6, 2014.

1. InSearchofAdam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I am a huge fan of horror films. I'd like to see a discussion about people's favorite horror films and why they are their favorites. I love 'The Exorcist' and also love the 'Alien' franchise. I actually love so many horror films. Which ones do you guys like?

Also, any mainstream horror films that you notice gay undertones in? Some films just seem to have gayer representations of men and women. For instance, if anyone ever saw 'The Covenant', it is full of sexy male skin. I'm just curious as to your thoughts.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge. Word has it, even the director admitted to it having gay undertones.

That said, it's still a horrible movie. Easily the worst in the series; and that is saying something, considering how ridiculous those films got near the end!

3. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I can't decide on one favourite horror movie, I'll give you three of them: Alien, Curse of Chucky and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

The only horror movie (other than Elm St. 2) with gay subtext that I can think of is Alien: Resurrection. Try watching the movie and tell me that there's nothing going on between Ripley and Cal.

#3 Xeno, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  4. wolf of fire

A nightmare on elm street 2 has gay undertones and seed of chucky has transgender well not undertones but as an element in the film (what gender is Chucky's child he said male Tiffany said female and Glenn\Glenda was unsure)

5. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think jeepers creepers 2 had some gay undertones. can't say it's too horrifying

6. PaganPoetry

I loved the Hellraiser series, as well the Pumpkinhead series (as cheesy as those movies are)......I also like Alien mainly because of H.R. Giger being involved (he's one of my favorite painters/designers)...oooohhh omg I also love when Stephen King books are made into movies with Carrie being my favorite.....one movie I have been itching to watch is Rosemary's baby but it is so hard to find :frowning2:

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The Alien series is about rape. While it isn't geared towards just one sex, it is meant to target men a little more. At it's core, the film is about rape. Even those behind the series have mentioned this a few times, and pointed out the alien's mouth-tongue, the face-huggers impregnating their victims, and then the penetration via the chest-burster.

I suppose you could argue, that this too falls into the gay undertones category. Though it includes other elements, kind of a packaged deal.