1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinny Puppy

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Steam Giant, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Steam Giant

Hello everyone! I was wondering, would any of you happen to be fans of the band Skinny Puppy? If so, I'd like to know how you feel about their latest album, Mythmaker (just picked it up today ^^). If you don't want to admit to being a fan by replying to this post, you can always PM me ^^ I'll understand completely, trust me!

2. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    One of my friends is a HUGE fan of Skinny Puppy. I never heard them or of them till I met her. I find them eccentric.

3. Steam Giant

I've bumped into skinny puppy fans here and there, but we're definately few and far between. Eccentric? Yeah, that's a good way of describing them ^^ many of my friends would use other words, most of which are synonyms for human waste ; ;

Just out of curiosity, as this seems to be the case for many Skinny Puppy fans, is your friend also into gothic things? If you'd rather not say, that's perfectly fine ^^ as it really isn't any of my business anyway.

4. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ....how did you know? She loves gothic music but also bands like Nightwish and Therion.
    And Within Temptation. I like WT as well, but that's the only band we have a common interest in.

5. mikael

mikael Guest

I like it. I haven't listened to SP lately, so this was a positive surprise.

6. KevinM

One of my friends is actually trying to convince me to go to a Skinny Puppy concert June 5th. I haven't listened to a lot of their stuff. Some of their songs I really like, others I don't care for as much. I'm told that I'll probably like their newer stuff more than their old. I really like the Pro-Test song though. Unfortunately I can't comment too much on their new album. I listened to a few of the songs on their myspace, like EmpTe but not Pasturn.

7. Steam Giant

I've actually never heard of those bands before, heh. Mostly, I like Christian Death when it comes to gothic rock, but I really don't listen to a whole lot of goth music. It is the gothic atmosphere that draws me to Skinny Puppy, however.

Heh, I'm hoping to see the June 8th concert, in Philly. The tough part is, none of my friends like them, and I don't drive, so it's going to take some convincing. They came by here before several years ago, and I'll never forgive myself for missing them...so I'm determined not to miss them this time as well.

I dunno if you've heard these ones yet, guys, but these are my favorite tracks from Mythmaker:

Dal
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NEQL3RMmuSM

my favorite track ^^

Pedafly
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fEV7vi4I8tk

8. Steam Giant

Yeah, Pro-Test is totally awesome. I'd definately say that the latest two albums (the ones released after the band reformed) are the most listenable for someone who's not already a hardcore fan. They're very different from the older stuff, which even I'll admit was wierd. So much about Skinny Puppy falls into place to make them my favorite band, but I think what binds it all together is Ogre's (the lead singer's) cryptic, heavily-metaphorical lyrics. The songs can sometimes require some decoding, but to me, they're masterfuly written. I could listen to Harsh Stone White or Warlock all day long ^^