1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the best horror movie you have seen?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by alex3191, Jul 13, 2014.

1. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've loved horror movies since i was a kid but the past few years i haven't seen many good ones. Alot of horror movies out now are not great or they are badly made remakes, can anyone recommend a good one? What's your favorite?

2. wolf of fire

Bride of Chucky or a nightmare on elm street 3 are my favorites but the scariest one I have seen is insidious.

3. TheStormInside

I'm not a fan of gore fests, but I love horror suspense and psychological films. "Psycho" is still a favorite. I'd also recommend the Swedish "Let the Right One In" (there's an American version, but it's not nearly as good). For a classic ghost story with a bit of a twist, "The Others" is quite good.

4. Silas

My favs would be the Conjuring, Insidious, Exorcism of Emily Rose, and especially the Fourth Kind! :eek: Alien movies freak me out big time, the night after I first saw it I was locking down all my windows out of fear of being abducted :lol:

5. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love horror movies and it's hard to scare me, but Insidious did it, it's my favorite.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2014 at 06:51 AM ----------

Fourth Kind was so intense. When I was little I LOVED to read books and watch films about aliens, admittedly, I couldn't sleep at night back then lol. I was afraid aliens, little green beings, will come to abduct me...:lol::lol:

#5 MyLittleWorld, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  6. xxemilyxx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ooo i also love horror movies i have watched so many but its the supernatural ones that scare me most, the ghost and alien ones. as others have mentioned Conjuring is the best i would say, insidious ,dark skies got me thinking about different signs that might mean aliens was about to come for me...there must be life on another planet somewhere we cant be the only living things around the universe after all :slight_smile: i liked fourth kind it also had milla jovovich in so that was an extra bonus, gore wise i think french horror is at its best of films such as High tension/switchblade romance, Frontier(s), Inside and Martyrs is dark.

7. PICollins91

The original House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price is my favorite, heavy on atmosphere and Price's dark humor. Just make sure you avoid the colorized version because a lot of the eeriness is due to how dark and shadowy the film is and the colorization just steamrolls over that brightening the film up.

Runner ups would be The Devil Rides Out with Christopher Lee and Night of the Demon with Dana Andrews.

8. Candace

Well the original 1933 King Kong scared the bejeebies out of me when I was younger. Does that count? :grin:

9. Jinxed

Out Status:
    A few people
    My favorite horror movies would have to be the entire Evil Dead series, and Dead Alive (also known as Braindead). I'm more into gorefests than scary movies, probably because I'm not scared that easily.

10. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The strangers!

I can't take masks!

11. Silas

haha I know right?? And they made it seem like it was all based off of real events in the movie too so it made it like 10 times more scary! :eek:

Dark Skies was another one I enjoyed too! Super creepy!

12. KyleCats

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm another alien abduction flick fan! :grin:

The only movie to ever legit scare me ever was Fire In The Sky. I think I was about 10 when that came out and since it was based on real events (as far as Walton going missing and the police investigation go) it was extra spooky. Scared me for weeks!

I love The Fourth Kind and Dark Skies too :grin: Also the 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

13. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love horror movies! :slight_smile: Some of my favorites include House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, the first three SAW movies, An American Werewolf in London, and Repo! The Genetic Opera.

I finally watched Silence of the Lambs recently, too. That was great. The Birds and Psycho are wonderful (as well as many other Hitchcock films!). One other I haven't seen in a while is Trick 'r Treat. It's especially awesome to watch around Halloween of course :slight_smile:

14. tulipinacup

I'm more of a Thriller/Psychological movie fan but I do love the Japanese version of The Grudge as well as Shutter.

15. IceKunoichi

well the most scary for me was the exorcist.my sister made me watch it on my 8th birthday and it scared me to death.but i guess if you like scary movies that may be a good one.Oh and The Shinning.

16. Edog

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ohh, I love horror movies! The original Halloween and it's sequel were good, I liked Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, that was pretty good. When A Stranger Calls was really creepy. but I watched that when I was younger.

I love the more suspenseful horror movies. But supernatural ones are also amazing! The Amityville Horror, Dark Skies, Sinister, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.

17. idream

idream Guest

The scariest horror movie I've ever seen was the ring, about three years ago. I still have nightmares about it:confused:

18. Diego89

Probably "It", I was so afraid of even taking showers...

19. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The most well-crafted horror film I've seen would have to be Alien, though it honestly didn't scare me that much. I really want to see the sequel, which is supposedly even better than the original.

But by far the most effective (in terms of how scary/disturbing it was) horror film I've seen is Silence of the Lambs. That was one fucked up movie...

20. Greeley

I rarely get scared in any films, it takes quite a lot to scare me.

But Sinister actually made me jump several times. It also kept me waiting and wondering like how the hell are they going to get out of this mess? Why is it happening?