1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosmos

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gibson234, Jul 15, 2014.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Did anyone watch the old series of Cosmos with Carl Sagan? It's my favourite ever documentary. Carl Sagan is the best teacher possible.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but I read a book and a half of his. People like him are exceedingly scarce; I'm incredibly sad he didn't live to see our current scientific progress. :frowning2:

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Bits and pieces, yes, but never the whole program. I did, however, get to watch Cosmos with Neil deGrasse Tyson, on FOX two months ago, from start to finish.

This reminds me of the Epic Rap Battles of History:

You'll recognize Newton is played by Weird Al. Also, Neil deGrasse Tyson's appearance is pretty cool.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^Rofl, Newton crushed him IMO. But he was an indisputably more profound scientist so it's really not fair. Tyson's meme was "We're dealing with a badass" because he independently invented calculus to explain orbital motion. Bill Nye's a fantastic guy, but holy balls.

5. AKTodd

My family would watch the original Cosmos every Sunday night while having our traditional Sunday dinner of popcorn, fruit, and various cheeses. I loved that show and bought it on DVD some years ago.

When the new Cosmos came out, my partner and I watched every episode and then bought the Blu-Ray. My only beef with the new version is that it didn't really touch on SETI or interstellar travel much/at all. The Encyclopedia Galactica episode of the original Cosmos was always my favorite.

Todd

6. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw new remake of it with my family. Haven't watched the original one though my father did and he said it was awesome, he wanted to show us what he learned from it, so he decided to watch the new Cosmos with us.
    I'm very surprised to meet people that also liked Cosmos in the internet.

7. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

It would be nice to see the original Cosmos by Carl Sagan, but I have watched all of the new ones with Tyson and the visuals were fantastic. Some of Sagan's books look interesting too.

8. I love Carl Sagan's work. I love the original cosmos. I cried when Sagan was mentioned in the new Cosmos. I celebrate Carl Sagan day every year. I have read several of his books and just bought a few more.
    I don't know if there has ever been anyone else like him. I can honestly say he's a role model of mine and I aspire to be like him. He had a beautiful mind and a kind heart.