1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone see Bare: a pop opera?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Anfronee, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Anfronee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey I searched and a few things came up, but none were about Bare. Has anyone seen it? Like it? Dislike it?

I think it is one of the things that helped me come to grips with my sexuality. I think all of the songs are really well written and express emotions I have felt. I sometimes wonder if they based Jason off me. lol If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. There is a link to the first 10 minutes and in the side bar there are links to download the whole show. If not, Listen to "Role of a Life Time" or "Best Kept Secret" and "See Me" and "Warning" (The 2 together are so good!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuc0evWUFjY[/YOUTUBE]

2. ausdtc

Thank you so much for posting about this. I'm watching the second act as I type this, and loving it! By the end of the first I was screaming (in my head!) "get rid of the girl!!!!" :grin:

Great musical, would love to see it in the flesh so to speak.

3. vampireboy56

vampireboy56 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love this musical sooooo much!!!!!

4. Anfronee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yay other people who like it!! lol What is your favorite song in the show?

5. Pauly00001

Out Status:
    Some people
    That is an amazing show, I never saw it live, but have been into it for a year. It's extremely difficult to pick one song, because I love all of them.

6. ausdtc

Agreed, all the songs are pretty good. The scene where his mother is doing a solo after he tries to come out to her is pretty powerful.

7. RENThead

i love bare...
    tho the off-broadway lyrics are way more powerful than the new lyrics that they changed for broadway...

i love the song ever after these are the lyrics: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/soundtracks/b/bareapopoperalyrics/everafterlyrics.html
    its where peter and jason break up.
    one of my fav lines in the show: once upon a time, i first held your hand and love was not a crime, in a private world.....

i would love if they made a musical like this about girls... theres alot of stuff about guys being confused and scared... but never much about girls.

if anyone wants a copy let me know.

michael arden is amazing :slight_smile:

8. TriBi

Never been much of a fan of Musicals - tho' I did get dragged along to see Les Miserables years ago (and I think the music from Rocky Horror holds up pretty well considering it's age).