1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could somebody recommend some LGBT fiction to me?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wuggums47, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm looking for good LGBTQ books, but I don't want erotica or pulp fiction. If at all possible, I would love some gay speculative fiction(sci-fi, fantasy, etc…). I also don't want it to be depressing, so nothing where they die in the end or something. I would really appreciate some suggestions, and I came here because I know I can trust all of you.

2. I strongly recommend Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner Series. Five books, starting with Luck in the Shadows

It stars Alec, son of a small-time hunter who finds himself in a spot of trouble right in the very beginning of the book. And Seregil, his mysterious and dashing rescuer, who turns out to be a master thief and a spy.

Not terribly much overt romance in the first book, but it happens I promise!

It's just so rare to have two bisexual male characters in one fantasy book!
    And the writing is lovely. And, bonus--lady knights!

Sorry for the raving! I just finished these books and I loved them.

OH, and if you're looking for other authors, I highly recommend Jacqueline Carey--especially the Kushiel's Legacy series and Santa Olivia