1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rise Against "The Black Market"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JustJJx, Jul 21, 2014.

1. JustJJx

Any Rise Against fans here?
    The new album is out and it rocks!
    The song writing is very personal and takes a more emotional look at human feelings and experience, definitely check it out!

2. iHateThinking

Aye, a fellow Rise Against fan! :grin:

After listening through the album, I'd say it's pretty solid overall. I appreciate the more introspective side they've shot for with this album. It's not my favorite, but it's got some tracks I really enjoy (Tragedy + Time, Methadone, I Don't Wanna Be Here Anymore, The Eco-Terrorist in Me.)

I dunno if it's their best album either (I've heard pretty much every one in full save for... maybe RPM.) At some points it falls a bit flat and blends together at some points. But I did dig the more hard style they went for in songs like Eco-Terrorist. I really enjoy that sound personally, so it was nice to see it make a comeback.

But it was still a fun listen. :slight_smile: And it's Rise Against so there's always that.

3. JustJJx

Aye, it is Rise Against!
    It's definitely up there in the top 3 more me to be honest, only song i don't like is Sudden Life...its just lame and destroys the momentum the album had built up!
    Tragedy+Time is an amazing song, perfectly describes living with depression!

Sufferer and the Witness is my favorite album i have to say!