1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trekkers, anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mith, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Qapla'!
    I would like to meet the trekkers of EC to talk about Star Trek, your favorite character and serie, if you like JJ Abrams film or if you are "purists", if you speak klingon o wear spot ears, when you started to watch it and whatever you want to say.

My favorite character is Data (TNG) or Spock (TOS), my favorite serie is the TOS, I don't speak klingon, but I'm learning, I actually have Spock ears (I sware, lol); JJ Ambrams' films aren't so bad, but that is NOT Star Trek.

Long Life and Prosper [​IMG]

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Spock was my favorite, from the original series. Picard, my favorite, from The Next Generation.

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I can appreciate the series. It has some intelligent material in it, and I really like the fact, it never treats the fans as blundering idiots.

Interesting tidbit, I've been compared to Picard numerous times.

3. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been compared to Data a lot of times. I like Picard, I have many interests in common with him, "I fall asleep each night with an old book in my hands" too.

4. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I always thought we would be called trekkies. Ok, maybe in Germany:grin: I also made a thread about it:grin:
    Soo, hello fellow trekker/trekkies!!!
    Data is fun!! I love his cat:wink: But I also find the "conflict" between his human and his robotic side intersting!

5. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always heard the term Trekkies too. I was introduced to the fandom via rhe reboot and I'm in the middle of watching the original series and I am absolutely loving it! I still love the reboot (which introduced me to Zachary Quinto, the god of my universe) but I like to keep my options and mind open. My most prized possession is my sighned picture of Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto and I have a theatrical poster from Into Darkness and an into Darkness calendar. Buuuut I also have a tribble that purrs and shrieks and I like to tell my friends that I'm a tribble. I love Spock from both the reboot and the original series. My music teacher definitely thinks that Spock fits my personality (he took a quiz and got Wesley Crusher and he said he didn't like the result then proceeded to whine about it. It was hilarious.). So yeah anyway...

6. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I read somewhere that Trekkie is a simple fan, Trekker is who respects the Trek philosophy (and is quite fanatic), if it's true, I'm Trekker.
    However Trekker and Trekkie are both welcome :slight_smile:

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Oh, well then I'm kind of both:grin:

8. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Mith, all,

I'm gradually working my way through all of TNG episodes and enjoying them immensely. My favourite characters would be Worf, and Data. I know they are quite different in outlook, but I like Worf's heroic attitude, his Viking-like welcoming of death in the course of battle, etc; but I also like Data's calm and ever-helpful attitude as well, and the fact that as an artificial intelligence, he seems to straddle the two worlds of both human and machine.

As for the Original Series, well I always liked Spock, even as a kid...although I now think that the Vulcans' brutal suppression of emotion is quite unhealthy; despite their claims that unbridled emotion would have destroyed them as a race, I think they could have found a healthier way to deal with this issue :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#8 Damien, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  9. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always laugh a lot when, in the first episode, Worf is going to shoot to the screen LOL
    Klingons are so funny sometimes, their colture is very intersting, even if I prefer the vulcan colture.

10. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't mind me over here, just drinking some tea, earl grey hot.

11. Sabot Kitty

I'm not a very hardcore fan, but I appreciate the franchise, especially the Next Generation television series.

12. Gallatin

Despite the fact that my avatar is from Star Wars (which I love, too), I love Star Trek. Voyager is my favorite series, with TNG a close second. Riker and Paris are my favorite characters. Wrath of Khan, Generations, and First Contact are my favorite original movies. Riker and Paris are my favorite characters. And I'm a huge fan of the JJ Abrams movies, too. The new Enterprise is a beautiful ship.

:lol:

13. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Despite Q usually being an right pain in the a*se, I find the episodes that feature interactions between him and Picard quite entertaining and amusing. And I do think that, deep down, he's not really such a bad guy; I mean, at the end of the episode in which he had been temporarily made human, he not only was willing to sacrifice his life for a good cause, but also totally resolved the impending catastrophe once he had been restored to 'omnipotent' status by the Continuum.

14. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, with an IQ of 2005, Q should be able to make the right decision.

15. Moonhammer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait a second, who is climbing that mountain!

16. Dented

Big fan of Wrath Of Khan, First Contact and the 2009 movie. Seen episodes of TOS and TNG, currently working my way through DS9 but season one is really trying my patience, even though I know it gets better later on. Favourite character across everything probably has to be TOS Scotty.

Didn't like Into Darkness though. At all.

17. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Voyager fan! Though I'm sure everyone on here knows that by now and are probably sick of me going on about a certain lady captain.

18. Sabot Kitty

Does it rhyme with Shaneway? =3

I think I like her the most, followed by Picard. =D

19. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Like Picard, Janeway has a trustworthy, reliable, authoritative manner about her, just what you'd want in a captain. I haven't watched much of Voyager, although I will get to it eventually, when I've exhausted TNG and the Original Series.

20. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

No. No. You are incorrect:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 23rd Jul 2014 at 05:15 PM ----------

After I'm done Voyager I plan on giving TOS and TNG a try.