1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scariest fictional monster?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wuggums47, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

Throughout fiction there have been hundreds, possibly thousands of unique monsters. Which do you find the most frightening? It's probably not a real monster in the traditional sense, but to me psychopaths and serial killers are the most disturbing, especially knowing that people like them really exist. My favorite monster would be the aliens from the Alien franchise.

2. Vampire

Rapists. They're not exactly fictional monsters, but any fictional monster that can be categorized as a rapists frightens me. Perhaps the aliens (can't remember their names) from the District 9 movie? They look a lot like cockroaches and any creeping little creature scares me. :l

3. Candace

Well the 1933 original King Kong scarred me as a child and I couldn't sleep for days. Does that qualify for anything?

I think serial killers who hide out in your house or peer in through the window and wait until you're asleep...that freaking scares me :/

4. TheStormInside

The Aliens from the Alien franchise are amazing. Just incredible, innovative design. I'm going to miss HR Giger. I love unique, original creature designs.

The monsters that freak me out the most seem to be zombies. Something about their unnatural movements sends my spine tingling right down through the uncanny valley. I also can't do organs and guts (I'm ok with blood) and they're often spilling those things everywhere.

Lucky me, I'm going to be helping a friend out with a short film about (you guessed it) a zombie sometime next month. Good way to confront my fears, I suppose?

#4 TheStormInside, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  5. willycubed28

Freddy Krueger is to me the most scariest. I couldn't sleep as a child because of him..

6. Aquacielo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    THE PREDATOR oh my glob, I ... I've been scarred for life when I watched that movie hahaha

7. wolf of fire

The ghost women from insidious or the human centipede (not exactly a bad monster but still.)

8. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Slenderman

9. Brodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Michael Myers. He walks quicker then anyone else can run. He can escape after near death experiences. He can walk around in hot weather in a full black set of overalls and a mask!!

10. BlueCover905

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Wendingo

"The Weendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Weendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Weendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption."

11. 741852963

Agreed. I once caught this episode of Fear Itself on TV which feagtures the Wendigo:

"Fear Itself" Skin and Bones (TV Episode 2008) - IMDb

Absolutely terrified me! The actor is also actually a brilliant physical actor known for playing monsters in big feature films (like ABe in Hellboy).

12. closetcase000

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Demons are the scariest for me, I guess I saw too many chapters of buffy the vampyre slayer when I was a kid lol, I remember a chapter when buffy was in a hospital and there was a demon that sucked the life of little sick kids while they were sleeping, it was a specially disturbing episode for me because when I saw it I was 11, in a hospital I was very sick and I couldn't sleep for days because I didn't wanted the demon suck my life in my sleep hahahaha.

Runners up:

Freddy Kruegger
    Linda Blair in the exorcist :S

13. Sorceress of Az

Evil villains that masquerade as good people.

14. Sabot Kitty

The Weeping Angels from Doctor Who.

15. Sorceress of Az

LoL,
    The devil is also in Doctor Who, I found that episode more unsettling.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The concept of the Face-Huggers from the Alien series is, to me, very frightening. Not so much them, but the results following their, well, face hugging. When the Chest-Burster, literally, does as it's name implies.

One creature that always kind of gave me the spooks, was Graboids. They're the name of the creatures from the Tremors series. The idea that something could, underground, move so fast and pull you down and under, so quickly, is pretty disturbing. You can't really run anywhere.

17. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Politicians, specifically the ones seeking to become the leader of a country with enough nukes to destroy the world (Russia, China, US) Like the candidate in the movie The dead zone for example.

18. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pokemon like come on if they actually existed the human race and any other living creature on earth will be extinct, they can move things with their minds, control the wheater, travel through time, their are even pokemon that feed off of people souls, they are scary as shit if you really think about it. Pokemon have the powers of gods and they are cute not a good combination, people will try to keep them as pets and most likely die or become seriously injured as a result.

#18 CandyKing, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  19. hoodie boy

20. Yosia

I cant remember what it was from but there was a giant spider like house size and i hate spiders >.<