1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They cancelled Korra!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by robotman, Jul 24, 2014.

1. robotman

I grew up with Avatar the last Airbender and that was great, so I am really upset that they cancelled "The Legend of Korra" lol. It is actually one of my favourite cartoons... No more bending :frowning2:

[​IMG]

2. tulipinacup

#2 tulipinacup, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No I love Korra No No No No :tears:
    It's because she's a girl isn't it :tantrum:

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I heard they were moving it to digital platforms (netflix i guess???) but that is probably just a rumor

5. White Knight

It's a pity if it is true.

However it is understandable. Korra probably couldn't handle Avatar legacy.

Series had loose/weak stories. Avatar the Last Airbender felt epic. Korra couldn't match that.

And as leading character is a female writers focused on love affairs more than actual action series plot or Avatar like character development which is another part of the problem.

Setting might be another problem. Korra had steampunk style versus Avatar's classic eastern mythology/fantasy themes. At times it felt like show can capture old Chinese movie flavor but somehow stood a step shy from it.

Lastly Team Avatar in the series was boring. Aang's team is fun and every character was enjoyable... even Zuko when he was a villain. Korra's team has two boring brothers, a snobbish rich girl and Korra whose only rememberable personality trait is her inability to bend air.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the show. However it feels like a wasted potential than truely great tv show. Fault probably on biased writing team. I am watching He-man and She-ra series on Youtube nowadays and those has similar problem as well. She-ra has non existant support cast, uninteresting themes and stupid lackeys.

Like I always said, if you want to have a good female action adventure show, let the women write/work on it. Males no matter how good educated they are, still biased thru female heroes/villains.

6. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.

I adored ATLA. I remember desperately tuning in every week for a new episode. Korra, on the other hand, I could easily go six or seven weeks without watching and then one day I'd convince myself to catch up and do it all over again. I quit trying with Book 1. I didn't love the characters, I didn't love the plot, and the romance felt shoe-horned.

I might have been able to weather it if it wasn't for that weird, creepy, and very unhealthy thing Bolin had going on with the twin. That was my breaking point.

It's very disappointing because they could have had such a great thing going.

7. TheStormInside

It's not cancelled, but they are going to be "airing" the rest online, only.

KORRA NATION - BOOK 3 MOVING TO DIGITAL RELEASE!

While I don't think Korra lived up to Avatar, I still think it's a great show. Season 2 definitely tanked in some places, but I thought Season 1 was very well crafted, and Season 3 looked like it was on an up-swing. I'm not sure what the move to digital release will mean for the planned Season 4.

8. kunglaomksm

It's not cancelled. You just can't watch it on TV anymore, it's just online. By the way, book 3 is the best(so far) in the series.

9. tulipinacup

I agree. Ming hua is such a badass. Also can we talk about the fight between Zaheer and Kya?? That's one of the best fights i've seen this season along with Red Lotus and Team Avatar from last week.

10. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i thought that fight was pretty awesome! everything went crazy for a good minute, i was definitely rooting for Kya

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could not get into Korra, despite ATLA being the undisputed best cartoon series ever made. I liked the visuals of LoK, but like the others have said, the magic wasn't there.

12. TheStormInside

I am really loving this season's villains. They're so much more interesting than the "take over the world" types. It's great to see a villain with a true and earnest philosophy, and one that is not necessarily ALL bad. I also like that they've tied it to what happened in the previous season, as well as the monumental shifts that occurred between Avatar: TLA and Korra.

13. kem

kem

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with this, I find this a little sexist even. However, this isn't the point here so I won't argue it any further.

//

I was shocked, stymied, when I read the title! Good thing they're going to keep the episodes going online, I need my fix.

I actually think LoK > TLA.

14. prussianblue100

Yeah. I don't care about LoK. I loved ATLA and can't really think of anything wrong with it. I even re-watched the series around either late 2013 or early 2014. Korra on the other hand...Ugh. I stopped liking Korra around Season 2 because of how bitchy and overly aggressive she became. I guess the only character I really enjoyed in LoK was Bolin.

15. tulipinacup

16. Tim

Tim

17. robotman

Yeah, I realised that after I posted this haha...

Ming Hua is cool but she is the weakest member of the Red lotus though! Compared to Ghazan, P'li and Zaheer she is weak! It was so embarrassing the way Mako and Bolin got destroyed in that fight though lol...

Btw guys, I cannot handle 1 episode a week... I need 2 episodes a week, it is killing me having to wait lol.

18. paper planes

I'm so glad they didn't completely cancel the show ;w;
    That show is one of my favorites - so many well-written female characters!!