1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT chick flix??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by teamzz101103, Jul 27, 2014.

1. teamzz101103

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hi there! I love watching movies and well, I love watching lesbian, and bisexual movies. Would you like suggest me movies that may be of the same genre or setting as i can't think straight, you and me, debs and gray matters...

I don't know the movies I mentioned seems to have a different vibes for me that would exclude them from the other movies.... but that's just me you know :grin:

TIA:badgrin:

2. Apropos

Boys don't cry. It's hardcore. It's about a transman and his tragic story. Based on a true story btw! SAD.

Theres...uh...Mark Ruffallo is in The kids are all right. It's about two kids who want to *and do* meet their bio dad initially keeping it a secret from their moms. I disliked this movie because the moms were mean to each other the whole time. There wasn't anything positive about their relationship expressed in this movie, just their mutual resentment of each other and sexual frustration.

The normal heart is *which also has mark ruffallo <3* is about the gay community and AIDS. I haven't seen it, but it looks good. :slight_smile:

Is Thelma and Louise a gay movie? I'm not quite sure. The movies I've seen with gays et. al in them they are mostly NOT the focus of the movie. Then again, I watch action movies.

I need a big, gay action movie. I want it to be queer as a three dollar bill.

Hey! Some Like it Hot is a pretty gay movie. It was funny.

That's all I got.

I haven't seen any of those movies. Then again, action movie dude myself.

3. Saucey

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "The Gymnast" is a good lesbian film. Definitely has a chick flick sort of vibe. I've never heard of the other movies you mentioned, so I can't compare. But I would recommend this one to anyone. Hope it's what you're looking for! :slight_smile:

4. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wish I could remember the names of some of the films I've seen--most of them foreign or indie. There was a film about two Chinese-American women who fell in love and had to deal with the drama of their traditional families not accepting them. Pretty good. Wish I could remember what it's called, it's been years since I've seen it.

Gypsy 83 was also sort of interesting too.

5. thekillingmoon

Was that Saving Face? A cute movie, very romantic.

There are some good lesbian films, but they have pretty tragic endings. Trying to think of the ones that end well. Nina's Heavenly Delights - underrated good movie.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  7. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Normal Heart is incredible and I highly recommend it, but I don't think that's what you're looking for. I sobbed for an hour watching that.

The Incredibly True Story of Two Girls in Love is pretty adorable and has a happy ending.

8. Mroom

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    'But I am a cheerleader'. It's a comedy with happy ending.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

I second But I'm a Cheerleader it's really sweet and funny

10. teamzz101103

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well.. thanks for the feedback...well... some of the movies recommended I already saw a glimpse of it but never really liked it...don't like movies which sorta look like vintage ones :X

11. transnerd

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

It might be Saving Face, seems like a good contender. Like I said, it's been too long. :slight_smile:

12. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Well, everyone has their own taste. My personal favourites: If These Walls Could Talk 2, Tillsammans (Swedish movie), Tootsie (the great Dustin Hoffman), Better Than Chocolate (Judy is awesome), A Single Man, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Gia, The Hours (based on Virginia Volf's life), Heavenly Creatures, Fried Green Tomatoes.

Here's more: http://mubi.com/lists/best-lgbt-films-of-all-time

Enjoy! :slight_smile: