1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up coming football season

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ahardlife, Jul 28, 2014.

1. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The new football season is a few weeks away I cant wait myself been having withdrawn symptom's at night keep hearing the match of the day tune in my head :slight_smile:
    My team is Liverpool FC supported them since I was six . last season was a grate season for us been coming for a long time.
    I also Keep my eye on Notts Forrest my dads a life long fan Be nice if they could get to the premiership .

who are your team?
    How well will they do this season
    is there a team you hope will die on its arse

sorry If a thread has been started already.

2. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ah me too, really excited!

Huge Chelsea FC fan here (just be clear, I supported them since before they got rich, hahaha)

As to how I think they will do this season? Well I think that when you look at their squad and at the additions that they've made in the transfer window, they really should win the league. But, having witnessed Chelsea's annual dip in form half way through every season (usually coincides with when we sack the manager, of course), I don't actually think we will win.

Interested to see how Liverpool will fare without Suarez. Only time will tell, I guess...

3. RedDev84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You've got to feel for Southampton fans. They were outrightly promised by their owner & chief exec. that they wouldn't sell all their key players, which is exactly what they have done. Probably even more so than everyone expecting. 5 Gone (Shaw, Lallana, Lambert, Lovren, Chambers) and expecting both Schneiderlin & Rodriguez also to follow.
    The problem is holding them back. You let one go because it's a "good career move" but then if you let one go - how do you stop the others?

In one respect I hope they at least survive the coming season, I'm sure the fans would riot if they got relegated following the summer sales.

My team, Man Utd, are partly responsible for the exodus. Luke Shaw for 28m is obviously a big call. But if we can keep him on and make him top class like we did with Rio all those years ago, he's well worth it.
    We've also got Herrera, which was a well needed signing. Hoping to see another CM before season starts.

Pax, as it stands Chelsea will breeze it.
    I've always maintained that managers and players usually "shouldn't go back" after they've been a big success the first time. Mourinho didn't win a thing last season, if he doesn't this coming season - there is no excuse for failure other than his mistakes.

4. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bit concerned about getting rid of him
    But I don't think we had much choice
    Did everything to support him & bit someone
    Else be happy with a good season In Europe .

5. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

They will have no one left with the way they are going. The fans must fear the worst this season but they do have a lot of money to spend now.

Chelsea will dominate the league this season with Man City coming second and Arsenal third. I think United will finish 4 because they have less games then Liverpool and a better manager. Liverampton (sorry) wont be as dangerous without Suarez and have extra games with the Champions league. I wonder if the likes of Van Persie and Aguero can stay fit all season though.

I support Leicester City and iv been waiting for this season for the past 10 years. Im a bit nervous and hope we can stay up and I refuse to predict who will get relagated this year. We have a very difficult start so I can see us being bottom for while. I am feeling hopeful though :slight_smile:.

6. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think we will find our feet without Dracula :slight_smile: still got sturage to bang them in & the manager is spending wisely.be surprised if Southampton dont struggle this season unless they have some wonder kid waiting to shine .I think Leicester will struggle but will come good in the end .
    think villa & stoke will go this season

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Villa will really stuggle as their owner is still trying to sell. I think West Brom, Burnley and Swansea will be down there too.

8. ahardlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Swansea will be the team that surprise everyone could even get into Europe somehow West Brom always have always always struggled.

9. One Man Army

As an Arsenal fan, I'd like to say we have a decent chance of winning some more silverware next season. With our new signings, we have greater depth in our squad and more overall quality. However I think we'll finish behind Chelsea and Man City.

Tottenham as always will finish 6th.

10. Pax

Pax

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed, I've been really disappointed to see Southampton selling all of their players. Just had to kind of laugh when I checked the sports news today, to find that now that Liverpool and Man United have had their pick they're onto (potentially) selling the leftovers to Tottenham.

Thing is, it wasn't just Southampton fans who were pleased to see them do so well last season. It seemed like everyone was pleased at their emergence and the platform they were providing for young English players. It'll be really sad if they end up getting relegated. :frowning2:

11. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Sanchez is a really good buy for you guys but all you really need is a good stricker, maybe a better title challange from you this season anyway. I dont think Man City have strenghtend much this season but I suppose they dont really need to.

12. Gallatin

Can't wait for the new season to begin. I've been pleased with Liverpool's transfer activity so far. Losing a player like Suarez is always going to hurt, but I like who we've brought in. Too bad Lallana got hurt but on the bright side it will probably mean more playing time for Markovic, who I'm personally very excited to see play.

I agree with what others have said - I have been pretty sad at what's happened at Southampton. If the season started today, I think they'd struggle to field an 11 with substantial Premier League experience. They were such a good story last year and a fun team to watch. To see how they've been picked apart this offseason is really pretty depressing. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see Lallana, Lambert, and Lovren in Liverpool shirts, but that doesn't make me not feel bad for Southampton. They've truly been a victim of their own success. Sure they've now got loads of money to spend but realistically they're not going to spend it all, and plus, it's not like they're going to be able to get stars to come play there. I don't mean offense by that but it's just the truth these days. Unless you're in the Champions League (or if not, a "big" club like Man Utd or Liverpool (named those two specifically since they're teams who either haven't been or aren't in the Champions League but have still been able to bring in great players)) it's really, really difficult to attract the top tier of talent.

I'd be surprised if Chelsea didn't win the Prem this year. They would've last year had they had a decent frontman, and they seemed to have solved that problem with Diego Costa (not to mention also bringing in Felipe Luis, Fabregas, and Drogba). And so far, I give them my "Best Move of the Summer" award for somehow getting PSG to pay them £40m for David Luiz. In retrospect, £50m for Torres has been a horrible move, but at least at the time of the transfer, Torres had a great goalscoring record and seemed to still be near the top of his game. David Luiz is the most expensive defender in history and he can't even defend!!! Madness, I tell you.

13. One Man Army

Jose must have been laughing all the way to the bank. How he managed to squeeze £40m out of PSG will go down as one of the world's greatest unsolved mysteries.

Chelsea look very strong, but Man City will still be up there. Liverpool might struggle at first without Count Suarez, and it could take a while for their new players to adapt to the team.

Does anyone think Man United will bounce back, now that they have van Gaal?

14. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I dont think they will this season but they will be fighting for 4th place with Liverpool. I think they will do what Liverpool have done for the past few seasons and slowly improve and benefit with having less games by being out of the Europe.

15. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Hope everyone is enjoying the new season as much as I am, well expect a certain United haha. How the mighty have fallen :slight_smile:.

Chelsea are looking like a complete team this season and what a shock with Man City yesterday. Im still going with Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool as the top 4.

16. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I support the mighty Coventry City and we've had a decent start to the season on the pitch (One win, one defeat, three draws) but off the pitch it's been amazing as we've returned to the Ricoh after our Northampton based exile!

And yes, there is a team I'd love to do badly this year: Aston Villa!

17. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Speaking of teams that I want to do badly.....:slight_smile:, just kidding haha.

18. BiShoegazer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    *Waves fists angrily*

Just because you're jealous that we turned Franck Moussa into a beast :wink:

19. Ryujin

Only kidding

I support Wolverhampton.
    I have 2 reasons for this.
    A) Their name sounds cool
    B) Their logo looks cool

20. Ryujin

I'm so sorry that I killed this thread for you football fans. How can I make up for it?