1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

restoring Faith in humanity

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by happydavid, Jul 30, 2014.

1. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Candace

I loved it!! (!) (!) (!)

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ehm.. I didn't like the song they were playing at all, so I just skipped through that part a little. I did read the text, but it didn't do that much to me.. Sorry - it's just me probably. :icon_bigg

4. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That was fantastic

5. AAASAS

Seems like a bunch of hipster douche bags using a homeless man as an object to get them youtube videos and or attention?

Someone who really cared wouldn't film that and dress up in that "I'm so cool that I don't care" hat. But they're European, so no idea on how to identify a hipster there. Just seem very contrived, forced, staged, synced. Like the Coke Commercials. At least this one wasn't selling me anything but I think helping others? The message is good, but don't really like the people that staged it.

I'm a cynical prick though so don't listen to me.

Worst faith restoring ever.

#5 AAASAS, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely this. I wouldn't go so far as to call them douchebags, because it was a nice thing they did for him. But it did seem a lot more about attention to them and not about doing a good deed for the unfortunate guy. They could have at least stayed a little to teach him the song, rather than have him sit there like a piece of guilt-inducing decoration.

7. White Knight

Hmm if I didn't watch it on Youtube and learn that homeless guy is actually an actor then I might be impressed.

Now just thinking what people can do to get views/like... how far they can go and what more they can exploit. :frowning2:

8. LiquidSwords

Ha, mostly this. Homeless guy was probably up less than £5 from it; time/money they spent they could have just given it to him. But then they wouldn't get it talked about on facebook or internet forums like this!

Genuinely nice people don't tend to shout about how nice they are. There's people who donate ridiculous time and money to homeless charities but we're supposed to applaud these kids who raised £5 at the same time boasting about it, nahh